Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #1
Rich

Caulk

What do you suggest I use for caulk around the slides? I used regular silicone last time and it didn't last long. I was wondering if it was due to all the shaking. It just didn't last. By slides I mean around the edges when it's opened. Thanks
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:37 AM   #2
3P'sInACougar

Pro flex caulk is Perferred on here from my research. I used on front cap this year. Looks good so far. But have to clean all old caulk off. Need to use a cleaner to get silicone caulk off since nothing will stick to it. Not even more silicone caulk. This is what I have learned. Good luck. I'm redoing all my caulk points with the pro flex rv caulk as I go along. My 2 cts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3P'sInACougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

Personally, I wouldn't use silicone. Once it starts to deteriorate, peel and discolour, it needs to be removed before applying any other kind of sealant. As mentioned above, nothing will stick to it so applying new silicone on top of old is a waste of time and money.

ProFlex caulk is a better choice and one that has better all round qualities than silicone. If you do recaulk, you'll have to remove all the old silicone and clean the area thoroughly before applying the new stuff.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #4
abneynormal

to clean

I use denatured alcohol. it cleans well and wont harm your finish.
abneynormal is offline   Reply With Quote