Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2013, 04:40 AM   #1
jsmith948

Suspension Upgrade

Just finished installing a wet bolt kit on our 2012 5er. Since Lippert replaced our equalizers under warranty, we stayed with the Trailair equalizers and added the wet bolt kit. Thanks to all the members who posted pictures - very helpful!
Hardest part was getting the trailer up on jack stands.
FWIW - after only 5000 miles of use, 3 of the 8 nylon bushings were worn out/split and the rest were about 50% gone.
The lady at lippert wanted to sell us "never fail" polymer bushings. Went with the bronze bushings and wet bolts

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:32 AM   #2
Bushman512000

bolts with plastic

I replaced the junk also on the Cougar same thing most were shot or near there replacement due time. Fix now or on the road. Cost less at home to change out I had one trailer break down or let Me down due to bushings very costly on the road and could have had a bad accident. Every one check the spring eyes very close if a year old or more...Bushman
Bushman512000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
billb800si

We are ready TO ORDER A 2014 Cougar High Country 321RES and it comes with the Mor/ryde CE3000 suspension brackets. Should I think about replacing them with "wet bolt kits" or does the Mor/ryde hold up??
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
Bushman512000

More ride

Bill I can't say any thing about the rubber ride system has to be better I would think it's a upgrade. Some one will have it here some where My system is from Dexter wet bolts and shackles with brass and steel bushings with galley groves for feeding the lube after the zerks about 2 times a year.Bushman
Bushman512000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
Bluewater

I just ordered the Never Fail Bushings with a forever warranty plus never have to mess with the grease gun. The old ones appear to be gone after 3 years..will know more when they get it done.
Bluewater is offline   Reply With Quote