Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
billb800si

Cougar HC 321RES Gas Line ??

Just found out today that I can't mount two BAL scissor jacks on my trailer. Last trailer I had I installed two BAL scissor jacks - one on each side just in front of the axle. That way I could stabilize the trailer even more. Well I installed one jack on the curb side of the trailer and when I went to install the other side lo & behold Keystone had mounted a gas line that goes all the way down the trailer on top of the frame? Poor design if you ask me.
And BTW they do have the foil insulation in the underbelly of the trailer. I checked by removing some bolts and took a look.

Happy trails,

Bill B. (Michigan)
2014 Cougar H.C. 321RES
2007 Dodge Megacab 6.7 Cummins
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
GaryWT

Can you turn it 90 degrees to fit it, I know mine gas line is run to the inside of the frame so you still have the outside. Otherwise you will need some type of bracket to get around the pipe. A friend of mine works in a machine shop so he made me custom brackets to install my sewer hose tube so we would be below the gas line.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
planesnut

I made a spacer to drop the collapsed jack below the gas line and only used two bolts to hold it in place. All we are really doing with them when they are up is storing them anyway. I posted pics some time back on how I mounted mine.