Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
Bob Landry

F250 - Almost Finished

Outfitting this truck has been a blast. The outside is finished, and I may upgrade parts of the audio system, but that's not high on the priority list.

Clearance Lights.and fog lights both added.

Rearview mirror showing the video screen for the backup camera. Camera is mounted in the tailgate handle.

URL=http://s102.photobucket.com/user/rlandry6/media/Truckcamera_zpsc05d1fcb.jpg.html][/URL]

Westin oval black powder coated step bars

Dividers that I made to keep stuff from flying around. One has eye bolts to strap propane tanks to when I'm carrying them for a refill. Also the Retrax Bed cover and Bed Rug bed mats.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
Ken / Claudia

Bob, that's one nice truck, now you need to go out and get some bugs on that chrome and windshield. It's just to clean for a RV puller.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:32 AM   #3
SlowPoke

How do ya like that BedRug as opposed to a traditional hard or rubber liner?

I have the full Bedrug (Bottom and surrounding sides) and a heavy duty rubber full size mat for the bottom that sits on the rug for heavy junk to keep from tearing it up too quick...don't really need it, but it for some reason just works and looks good in there with the rug!?! LOL

Love mine!!!
Nice additions, looking for an inexpensive wireless B/U cam to put into my Silverado as well...

2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab w ith 2013 Keystone Passport 3180RE

SlowPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:37 AM   #4
Bob Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowPoke View Post
How do ya like that BedRug as opposed to a traditional hard or rubber liner?

I have the full Bedrug (Bottom and surrounding sides) and a heavy duty rubber full size mat for the bottom that sits on the rug for heavy junk to keep from tearing it up too quick...don't really need it, but it for some reason just works and looks good in there with the rug!?! LOL

Love mine!!!
Nice additions, looking for an inexpensive wireless B/U cam to put into my Silverado as well...
The Bed Rug is easy on the knees if you are crawling around in the bed, it can be taken out easily if you need to clean it, and it has a lifetime guarantee. There's not much to go wrong with that. I looked at the full size Bed Rug but didn't care for the appearance of the way it fit. Maybe the dealer was in a hurry to do the display, but the mat was cheaper and does what I need.

The backup camera is a Rostra. It's the second one I've had and I'm pretty happy with this one. they have two versions, a CMOS and a CCD camera. The CCD version is a little more expensive, but a much better camera. The camera came mounted in a tailgate handle and all I had to do was swap the whole handle assembly. The video screen in the mirror is also better quality than the one I had in my other truck.
The kit for my truck was $470, I did the grunt work and ran the cable up to the cab and paid my local trailer/hitch shop to wire it up. They only charged me $70 to sort out the trucks wiring, connect it and run the cable up the A-Pillar. My dealer wanted $1300 to "piece one together" using after market components. Ford makes a aftermarket camera kit for the F-150 but not the F-250. Go figure. Do some research before you buy a wireless camera. The reviews I read on them are not sterling and it's not a big deal to install a wired in camera.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:47 AM   #5
SlowPoke

Quote:
I looked at the full size Bed Rug but didn't care for the appearance of the way it fit. Maybe the dealer was in a hurry to do the display, but the mat was cheaper and does what I need.
As the same with my dealer, however I found it came with plenty of extra 3M Velcro, and was able to really get a good fit taking my time with it. Lifetime warranty is great as well, and the fact you can even bleach it with straight bleach if necessary (I haven't found it necessary) pour gas on it (accidental) and pressure wash it clean has been great! I brush the mulch right out with a heavy bristle brush....I chose to get the side panel only due to the fact that I tend to be less than careful not to scratch things in a truck bed, this way it was fully protected from ME LOL...

Will take your advice on the BUCam, some wired versions of the wireless models are less expensive as well which really is a plus, and I don't mind ripping things apart and playing with wires, I find that to be fun! Especially after I screw up, and requires me to start the troubleshooting process...haha

2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab w ith 2013 Keystone Passport 3180RE

SlowPoke is offline   Reply With Quote