Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #21
Jim & Kay

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo View Post
I think, and it's only my own thoughts, that the bed (or bedroom) might have additional "under slide" support. At least it seems to by the two flattened slide tracks left in the bedroom carpet when we extend the bed. This under-bed support seems to make sense as there is quite a bit of storage under the bed, and who knows what we might store there - anything from hiking shoes to rocks and fossils! So far, no problems. And I will admit, in the past year, we have pulled the slides in and gone to bed because of 40+ mph winds popping the slide awnings. That said, I certainly would not step foot on the dining area slide when retracted or the kitchen slide either. I can tell the dining area slide is not supported from below like the bed slide.

I know, I might be taking a chance, but that's the way it looks to me.

Ron
Ron,
I've looked under our BR slide also, and noticed there are 2 wheels attached under the foot of the bed. Outside underneath the BR slide, the slide rests on nylon rollers, so IMHO it would be perfectly safe to sleep in the bed with the slide retracted. But there is no such support under the DR/LR slide.

HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU
Jim, Kay, & Our Furry Kids
2012 Cougar HC 5er 291RLS aka "Rt 66 B&B"
2008 Toyota Tundra aka "The Hoss" 4X4 Limited DC 5.7 L
6 S Tranny w/TowHaul 4.30 RG 20" tires
Firestone Airbags w/compressor
16K Superglide hitch

Lovers of Route 66
Jim & Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:21 AM   #22
Fireman640

debate

This is the great debate i two have a rv with 2 slide outs and was wondering myself as for me i bring mine in every month or so alot of the people around me only put out in spring bring in in fall i just figured it only take s a few minutes to do so no big deal if i know im going to be gone for a bit i bring in leave in till i get back but usaaly im there every weekend so i leave mine out as for support i hear the negitive and positive i have heard that if a tire goes low you might be i trouble with a support under them then i hear they are made to support the weight or they would supply them when you bought the unit? so many choices lol
Fireman640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #23
pedalsteelpicker

my personal experiance with my previous trailer (04 Prowler) was costly,I live in washing state where it has been known to rain a lot and I alwys left my slide out and uncovered,well the roof of the slide is flat and water just gatherd on the roof and I didnt pay attention.water eventually worked into the walls and all the way to the slider floor,I ended up replacing the floor and the 2" x 2" studs on both ends.after that ordeal I installed an awning on the slide.I now have a 2013 Alpine 3700RE with 4 slides and will eventually put an awning on each one and excersize the slides more.