Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2017, 04:53 AM   #1
{tpc}

Kampvilla RV Park, Bear Lake Michigan (Manistee county)

Has anyone been here? It seems to get good reviews but all I see is good reviews, which makes me nervous. Additionally it is located right next a mobile home park, and its in the middle of nowhere, which doesn't exactly alleviate my nervousness.

This would be our last trip of the year (middle october) and also a birthday party for my father who is turning 80 (don't ask why we are camping lol).

It was just a suggestion, as my choices so far were Traverse City KOA, or Timber Ridge which is also near Traverse City. It was thought this location might be a bit warmer so late in the season but it is also closer to Lake Michigan, which would mean I would expect the opposite.

Part of our group is planning to rent a "park model" I guess which given its location to the mobile home park, I would assume its just a mobile home.

Thoughts? Anyone have an experience here?
Old 08-01-2017, 05:38 AM   #2
Brandon

We stayed there this year for their father's day weekend pig roast. We liked it.
The mobile home park shares the same entrance and I believe is part of the business, but doesn't intrude on the campground.
We would definitely go back. For us it was a 2 hour trip there and a 2 night weekend isn't long enough to justify the drive, but if it were for a week or more we'd definitely go back again.
Price was good for full hook up, lots were nice and long. Water pressure was probably one of the best out of the places we've stayed. The pull thru sites were staggered so you faced the opposite way the site on either side of you which allows the site to be longer.
The pool was nice, not sure if it would be open in October, most close after labor day. They have a small fishing pond, kids really enjoyed that.
Only thing DW didn't care about was the bathroom/shower stall doors, they were like saloon doors that had what appeared to be a cut piece of PVC that slid across the doors as a "lock" which didn't help as you could just push the doors open. If you have any specific questions let me know and I'll try to help answer them.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk