Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2015, 10:09 AM   #1
BOWWOW

6 volt

Has anyone used Deka 6 volt batteries as a replacement?
They are made in the US and are sold just down the street from me.
I'm going to switch from 12 volts this weekend.

2010 Fuzion FZ 302 has 12ply F-loads, Dexter ez-flex w/ wet bolts, 6 volt Deka GC 15 batteries, 1 gen battery, solarpanels, leds inside, replaced clear textured door glass with tinted, 87 gallons of loc-tite.
Decals removed.
AKA CONFUZION / PORH HONKY.
BOWWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:52 AM   #2
SkiSmuggs

I haven't used Deka, but hopefully you mean 2 of them wired in series to produce 12volts. Are those Dekas made to be Golf Cart batteries? If so, they should do fine.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:00 AM   #3
BOWWOW

Yes golf cart batteries, there will be 2 of them. I plan to get the GC-15. If I need more amp hours I will add 2 more after the first dry camping trip. I do have the correct wiring diagram. Thank you.

2010 Fuzion FZ 302 has 12ply F-loads, Dexter ez-flex w/ wet bolts, 6 volt Deka GC 15 batteries, 1 gen battery, solarpanels, leds inside, replaced clear textured door glass with tinted, 87 gallons of loc-tite.
Decals removed.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:14 PM   #4
trucker LOU

Hey Bow Wow, I haven't used Deka 6 volts ,but have used their 12v smaller batts in race cars and found to be a great product. made in USA !!----Lou----
trucker LOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:04 AM   #5
Klosequarters

Smile They are excellent!

I have two Deka 6-volts that are 4 years old and still performing great. I added a second bank of them 2 years ago with a battery selector switch. We can go 5 days dry camping and still not drain both banks. When we bought the 2015 Mountaineer last August I had the battery banks and selector switch transferred to the new rig as part of the deal.

I originally wanted Trojans but my dealer said he had really good luck with Deka and to date I am really happy with them.
2011 F350 Diesel 4WD Lariat
Klosequarters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 02:45 PM   #6
BOWWOW

Thank you, it's good to get positive comments from someone that has used the product. I will pick up 2 tomorrow and try them on the first dry camp. The 5ver is already wired for 3 - 12 volt batteries and a place to put them, so adding 2 more 6 volts later wont be too much of a hassle. My generator has a designated battery of its own charged by solar.

Decals removed.