Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2014, 04:00 PM   #1
SandMShall

Just signed my paperwork for our new 22rbpr!

Needless to say the wife and I are very excited but now where near as excited as our friends who have been camping for years. They finally have someone that will follow them around to every campground until I figure out how to back this thing up!!!!

Bought it out of state and saved almost $5,000 even with delivery fee!

Opted for the Equalizer E-4 as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
SandMShall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:21 PM   #2
gsmith31

Good luck with your new camper,and welcome to the forum.
gsmith31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:16 PM   #3
BirchyBoy

Congratulations! I looked at buying out of state as well, but the difference wasn't as much as yours. Nice job! I went with the EQ hitch as well and it's really nice. Heavy as heck.
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:02 PM   #4
chartrand

I really like mine so far, can't wait to unwinterize it and go camping! Congrats on your purchase. I to got the equalizer 4p when I started last year, upgraded to a P3 this year. The first things I did we're:
1 - new mattress from Mattressinsider.com for both the rv queen and one to go on the dinette when made into a bed.

2 - made a folding replacement for the dinette table that is used only when sleeping on the dinette, my first table cracked when my dad 150lb slept on it.

3 - LED light upgrade. Changed all the bulbs to LEDs purchased on eBay.

4 - battery cut off switch

5 - jack TV antenna.

Enjoy...
Pat

2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2017 Chevy Colorado (Baby Duramax)
Propride P3 Hitch
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:15 PM   #5
koko

We have your camper's little sister. We love it. We're heading out in ours tomorrow for a week. Hope the weather cooperates. We immediately changed out all lights to LED. I think it's a rule - at least a couple of mods are always in order.

2017 Jayco Melbourne 24k-Jeep Wrangler
2013 Bullet Premier 19FBPR-Dodge Durango V8 Hemi
2013 Rpod 177HRE-Jeep Liberty
2011 Aliner Sport-Jeep Cherokee
2008 Little Guy 5^Wide-Toyota Avalon
1980 Shasta 21-GMC Suburban
1981 Coleman Tent Camper-1981 Dodge Ramcharger
1978 VW Westfalia
Lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:36 AM   #6
EcoBullet

Congratulations!

We bought one of those about 4 weeks ago, and it's been sitting there taunting me. It is now loaded up, hooked up, and ready to roll for a few days. I'm excited! I love the floorplan for the 2 of us. I initially thought the 19FB would be my choice, but the bigger shower with glass door, additional pantry, and doors on the bedroom (wife likes to sleep later than me), plus the outside kitchen...LOVE IT!

I added a memory foam topper to the mattress, have a Winegard Pathway X2 satellite system ordered, added a strip of velcro to the outside refrigerator door (seemed like it could come open easily, but might not), I made an extra set of short table legs for extra support when made into a bed (I'd heard about the possibility of the table cracking) and added a coat hook to each side of the entertainment center. This thing is so well equipped, I can't think of anything else I'd want to do. I love the big storage drawers under the dinette seating. Did I mention that I LOVE IT!
EcoBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:54 PM   #7
SandMShall

Are you referring to the interior lights that you upgraded to LEDs or exterior? Our model comes with LED flush mounted lighting. I was looking into upgrading all the exterior lights to LEDs as well.

Readying through a lot of posts here I'm also going to use the self adhesive imitation glass tiles on the back splashes of the kitchen, bathroom and exterior cooing area to keep from having moisture getting on the bac walls.

I'm going to do slats for the table top bed. We already have mattress toppers from our tent days.

How and where did you mount your battery cut of switch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartrand View Post
I really like mine so far, can't wait to unwinterize it and go camping! Congrats on your purchase. I to got the equalizer 4p when I started last year, upgraded to a P3 this year. The first things I did we're:
1 - new mattress from Mattressinsider.com for both the rv queen and one to go on the dinette when made into a bed.

2 - made a folding replacement for the dinette table that is used only when sleeping on the dinette, my first table cracked when my dad 150lb slept on it.

3 - LED light upgrade. Changed all the bulbs to LEDs purchased on eBay.

4 - battery cut off switch

5 - jack TV antenna.

Enjoy...
Pat

Old 03-22-2014, 12:31 PM   #8
EcoBullet

We spent our first real night camping in ours last night and showered in it this morning. LOVE the shower and pretty much everything else about the trailer. The only thing it seems to be missing is a good place to put towel bars. So far, we are draping the bath matt over the glass shower door, one towel over the bathroom door, and one across the dinette table. What are others doing?
Old 03-23-2014, 09:13 AM   #9
chartrand

SandMShall, I mounted my battery switch on the trailer frame under the front cap

Propride P3 Hitch
Old 03-24-2014, 04:25 PM   #10
EcoBullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoBullet View Post
The only thing it seems to be missing is a good place to put towel bars. What are others doing?
Since I didn't get an answer, I'll answer my own question.

I mounted one towel bar on the trim below the cabinet behind the toilet. That seems to be a good location.

I also mounted one on the front of the bathroom door, but this is not so good. I knew the door would be hollow, but I expected maybe an inch or so of solid wood around the edges. Nope! I was only 3/4" or so from the edge and hit air. The veneer is too thin to expect an anchor to hold well, so I drilled all the way through and put very large washers on the back side. It seems to be pretty solid, but the back side is ugly.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:12 AM   #11
SandMShall

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartrand View Post
SandMShall, I mounted my battery switch on the trailer frame under the front cap

Thank you! For some reason t thought these would need to be mounted inside the storage area but now I'm remembering that they're water proof.

Old 03-29-2014, 02:27 PM   #12
mom2budnbug

We installed the 3M hooks inside the shower to hang our towels on. They work great to hang a wet coat too
mom2budnbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:09 AM   #13
lspajm

What is the purpose of the battery cut off? I disconnect my neg feed when we have it parked to avoid draining the battery. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 Ford F-250 Diesel FX4, Crew Cab, 6.5 ft bed
lspajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:02 PM   #14
chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspajm View Post
What is the purpose of the battery cut off? I disconnect my neg feed when we have it parked to avoid draining the battery. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well for one it's a lot easier to turn a knob than to disconnect a wire from the battery. The reason for one as you point out is to prevent drain on the battery. In most rigs being sold today there is a carbon-dioxide detector that I'm told can drain a battery faster than one would think. There are other appliances that are on as well such as the radio display and Microwave just to name a few.

Propride P3 Hitch
Old 04-01-2014, 08:37 AM   #15
koko

Bed, Bath and Beyond has over-the-door hangers of many types. Even Walmart sometimes has some good options. We try not to put holes in walls or doors because of their hollowness and flimsyness, and it's amazing what's out there to accommodate that rule. When we decorate our walls, we use Command Strips instead of nails or screws. Command Strips also has hooks of various sizes and weight loads.

2017 Jayco Melbourne 24k-Jeep Wrangler
2013 Bullet Premier 19FBPR-Dodge Durango V8 Hemi
2013 Rpod 177HRE-Jeep Liberty
2011 Aliner Sport-Jeep Cherokee
2008 Little Guy 5^Wide-Toyota Avalon
1980 Shasta 21-GMC Suburban
1981 Coleman Tent Camper-1981 Dodge Ramcharger
1978 VW Westfalia
Lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #16
EcoBullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by koko View Post
Bed, Bath and Beyond has over-the-door hangers of many types. Even Walmart sometimes has some good options. We try not to put holes in walls or doors because of their hollowness and flimsyness, and it's amazing what's out there to accommodate that rule. When we decorate our walls, we use Command Strips instead of nails or screws. Command Strips also has hooks of various sizes and weight loads.

Thanks to you and to mom2budnbug. I wish I'd been a little more patient. The towel bars I mounted seem to be solid enough, but the big washers on the back side of the bathroom door are sort of tacky looking.