Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2020, 01:22 PM   #1
Pete C

Norcold fans

Hi everyone, just want to start with that this forum is great and I'm learning a lot.

My Norcold, Model 2118 hag three condenser fans, one low and two high. My question is at what temp do this fans start to run? I would like to keep the fridge a little cooler if possible ( the wife is driving me nuts)

Thanks Pete
Pete C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 05:20 PM   #2
xrated

If I'm not mistaken, the thermistor that controls those fans is preset at 135 degrees. On mine, the thermistor is mount out towards the very edge of the fins and it seems to me that it would more effective if located a little closer to the heat exchanger tubes. I ended up mounting a set of twin fans in the upper grill area to help with air movement out of the compartment area behind the frig. If everything works out with this (I haven't had a chance to use it yet), two things should happen. 1. The refrigerator will cool better than it did. 2. The aux. fans I installed may move enough air that the OEM installed fans never come on.

Another area to check, the Norcold 2118 has a very widely known issue with the door flap not closing completely when the door is shut. This is like leaving your frig door partially open and the obvious result is the frig not staying cool enough. Most folks that have experienced this result much better result after fixing this issue. The quick fix is to remove the left door (the one with the flap on it, put a shimming washer on the bottom hinge post and then remount the door. The washer lifts the door just slightly, but enough that the door flap doesn't hang up on the bottom edge of the flap and the bottom of the inside of the frig. Check yours to make sure this isn't happening also.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 02:51 PM   #3
Chuck67

I installed two 20mm fans one on top one on bottom and was able to turn fridge down to 4 and still freezer at -10 and fridge at 34 works great.
Chuck67 is offline   Reply With Quote