Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
MISailor

Pleased with Warrantee Experience

When covering my Premier 19FBPR a couple of weeks ago I noticed that one edge of one sheet of roof decking was lifting under the rubber membrane. Since the dealer we purchased from is almost 2 hours away, I called General RV in Wayland, MI which is only 30 miles from home to see if they would help. The service rep there was very pleasant and willing to work with me even though we did not purchase the trailer from them. I delivered the trailer to them last Saturday, received a status update from them on Monday, and got a call on Friday informing me that the repair had been completed. I picked the trailer up today, just one week later dropping it off. Needless to say, I’m very pleased with Keystone’s prompt authorization of the warrantee repair and the prompt service provided by General RV. I’m especially appreciative of the professionalism and the frequent communication of the General RV service rep (Jim Guinn) despite the fact that we had not purchased our trailer from them.

BTW, the repair involved peeling the rubber membrane back about 3 feet from the back, replacing 3 screws that had missed the roof truss, and sealing it all up again. They also replaced the check valve on the black tank flush which was defective.

Bill
Portage, MI
2013 Premier 19FBPR
2004 Chevy Astro AWD
MISailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:11 AM   #2
fishin technician

Did your roof look like the attached picture? I have several areas like this. I emailed the dealer which said not to worry. In the attached pic, I can push the radius corner down about 3/4 of an inch. My warranty expires at the end of may and I'd like to have everything buttoned up before then. Anyone Else?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front right roof.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	2121  
Old 12-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #3
MISailor

FT - Sorry for the dealyed response but I just saw your reply to my original post. My problem was a decking joint running across the trailer. I'll post a pic later today when I get back to my other computer. As for your dealer saying it's no big problem....maybe it's not for him but it sure is for the owner of a new trailer! It should be addressed. If he won't do it I suggest you look for a Keystone dealer who will.
2023 Ford F150 SuperCrew 5.0L V8, 3.73 Rear Axle (Photo to be updated)
Old 12-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
MISailor

Here's a picture of the problem that we had prior to repair. The picture was taken from the rear of the trailer. You can see the refer vent in the background and caulk around the black tank stack vent to the lower right. The shadow running side-to-side just in front and to the left of the stack vent indicates the area where the roof decking had lifted
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00080-20121008-1846.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	2198  
2023 Ford F150 SuperCrew 5.0L V8, 3.73 Rear Axle (Photo to be updated)
Old 12-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #5
laidback

That doesn't look to good to me. If your dealer won't address the problem, I would send that pic to Keystone and have them call the dealer. I wouldn't let it get out of warrenty.