Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2010, 02:15 AM   #1
Sillyme

Picking up new Cougar Xlite in Spring but...

We ordered a 2010 Cougar Xlite 29FKS in mid-November 09 and were told that they would have a special run in January 2010. Imagine our suprise when, in mid-January we inquired if we could change our order, due to health/comfort reasons, from a table and 4 chairs to the dinette with booth but were told instead that our trailer had already been delivered at our dealer!!! They too were shocked! We're happy in a way, although spring is not here yet, but it now leaves us with a problem. The easiest and most economical way to exchange our dinette set with a booth kind, according to our dealer, is to exchange a booth from another Cougar on their lot which would have the same pattern as ours. When they put the next order for a Cougar in which the same pattern as ours has been chosen and the purchasers want the table and chairs, the dealer will order one with the booth and they'll do the exchange themselves. We're just keeping our fingers crossed that it will happen and soon. Otherwise, we don't know what else we can do. Any suggestions anyone?

My husband and I made a suggestion that maybe Keystone could put one with the dealers' next shipment (inside another trailer as add'l equipment "loose") to get it to us without having to resort to separate shipping which would cost an arm and a leg. But according to our dealer, it doesn't take much to throw them off down on the line, so they don't recommend going that route.

Again, any suggestions out there? Has anyone ever been in this situation before ?

Thank you
Sillyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:41 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

First, welcome to the Forum. I am quite sure that Keystone ships parts and other items inside and "loose" their units as they are moved from their plant to the dealerships. When a dealer requires a replacement piece or part and places an order from Keystone, I think Keystone often places that item inside any units heading off to that dealership in the next shipment. We had our kitchen "booth" switched to a table and chair (with the same pattern) this way --- there was no problem with our dealership doing that and made no suggestion "not to go that route". It was a simple request and carried out without any hassle or problem from the dealer or Keystone.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:00 AM   #3
K&Gs3400RL

Welcome and Congrats on the New trailer. When we purchased our 5th wheel we were lucky and there was another unit on the Lot already that had a booth in it. So our Dealer just swapped them out for us. Your dealer doesn't have to wait for someone to want a table they should just want to work with you to make you Happy. I am pretty sure the tables are more expensive than the Booths. Good Luck in getting the swap.

Our New 3400RL 9/17/11

K and G's 3400 RL
2004 Ram 3500
And 5 dogs, Dusty, Sassy, Jasmine, MoJo and Scooter
K&Gs3400RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:44 AM   #4
Sillyme

Thank you for the kind welcome. I guess I should have made things a little clearer. Currently there are no other Cougars with the same pattern on the lot. That is why the dealer was saying that they would do the swap with the next Cougar order requiring a table (from our trailer) and they would order the new one with the booth (for us). And you're right as far as the table, it does cost extra, just over $400. so technically if we're returning the table/chairs, we should get a refund but I would certainly forego the refund if they just order the booth directly and have it shipped along with whatever is being shipped to them!
I am glad to hear that others have done a switch before with no problems. It might help our case! Today is the last day of the Toronto Spring Motorhome & Trailer Show, so let's hope they've sold a few!!
Sillyme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar xlite 29fks, dinette, exchange