Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
dkarius

Angry Disappointed in Keystone Customer Service

We are new owners of a 2012 Montana Mountaineer 295RKD purchased in Jan 2012. After the first couple of trips we noticed the kitchen sink was cracked. Took it to our dealer for repair. Six weeks later it is still not fixed. It is quite a long story we won't bore you with. We are dealing with customer service and the problem still has not been solved. We thought Montana had a great reputation, but so far we are very disappointed and are beginning to second guess our purchase.
dkarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
geo

Sorry to hear the problems. Are you dealing with the dealer's customer service or Keystone's Customer Service (probably Robyne)? If it's the dealer, try contacting Keystone's Customer Service on their website via submitted web form and telephone. Never know, might help.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
Ron

x2 on the Disappointment of Keystone Dealer and the Factory for one not getting started on our trailer as promised, finally started 10 days later, and two the factory taking forever to make a decision what they are or are not going to cover,yes are not going to cover........yes long story here also. I thought upgrading to supposedly the cream of the crop MONTANA, that's what we were getting, no way as far as I'm concerned. In the 1 1/2 years we owned a 327 Cougar with absolutely no complaints or problems with the structure or anything, here we have purchased the biggest headache we have ever owned and also the worst service we have ever had in the 4 Keystone products we have owned. Our trailer has been back at the dealership for 5 weeks and just yesterday they told us the things they will cover and the parts will not be shipped to them for about 2-3 weeks, already had to cancel to planned trips.

There is so much more to this story that it is ridicules. After this Montana buying experience and any future purchases I don't think we will ever go back with Keystone. Sorry to all you Keystone owners out there, but I have better things to do than deal with all the hassles with our trailer and constantly having to call the service tech cause he will not call me as promised etc.

Sorry for the ranting but we are so frustrated and disappointed
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
therink

I had the run around with my dealer early on with a major warranty issue. More than 8 weeks went by but put me on the back burner. I finally called Denise at Keystone and I had the problem solved and repairs completed within a few days.
I believe much of the warranty service level received this is in the hands of the dealer. Some are good, some are not.
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:37 PM   #5
WELLSweR

Not going into details, but am also disappointed in Keystone customer service. Previous Forest River customer service much faster and more helpful.
WELLSweR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:36 AM   #6
geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by therink View Post
I believe much of the warranty service level received this is in the hands of the dealer. Some are good, some are not.
Steve
Steve, you are so correct. After the "problems" that were created by the dealer in Oklahoma we purchased our Alpine from, I wouldn't return there to even buy black tank treatment! For a short while, a local RV dealer handled some Keystone models including the Alpine. That dealer was supposed to do the warranty work on the first ATS recall. They did nothing! They didn't even remove the basement panel covering the ATS! About 3 months ago, they stopped handling Keystone. But I bet Keystone paid them for the "warranty time".

If you have a warranty issue, I would encourage you to not only contact the dealer, but also contact Keystone at the same time. And stay proactive. I get the feeling that some dealers do not consider their Repair Dept. as an important part of their service. And if you didn't purchase from these types of RV dealers, well don't count on service.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:33 AM   #7
Ruffus

Talking Dealers

I'll tell you guys that most of your problems are with the dealers. I bought my Copper Canyon 5ver (low end montana) in St.Augutine Fl. Had it a couple months and found that I had a bad cooling unit in the refridgerator, a slide that wouldn't open half the time and an A/C unit that would not cool. I had the A/C unit fixed at no charge at a dealer in Cocoa Beach FL in 2 hours and a new cooling unit for the refrigerator shipped and installed and my slide fixed in 5 days at my dealer in St. Augustine. Last year after fulltiming for a year and a half my converter went out. Left it in Pooler Georgia at a camping world for a month and they replaced it under my extended warranty. The only reason it took that long was because they were back logged. If the dealers service advisor or director is worth a darn and concerned about repeat business you'll have a better experiance. And remember, treat them as you would like to be treated and believe me you'll get better service with a little respect.
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #8
Bob Landry

I also think a lot but not all of the issues are generated at the dealer's repair dept. I took my Outback(purchased elsewhere) in for an exterior molding issue and it was resolved in a few days. That said, I had previously bought a Jayco from the same dealer and they knew me. I also go in and but parts occasionally, just so they remember my face, even though I can usually buy them cheaper on line. I also go in with a smile and ask for help. That buys me a lot. The only reason I didn't buy this trailer from them is that they are not an Outback dealer. If I ever buy another trailer, I'll probably buy from them.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:18 AM   #9
SAABDOCTOR

RIGHT ON RUFFUS! I have been on both sides of the service counter! i try to make my customers happy and i think i am doing a good job of it. but some people you just can't please no matter what. when i am asking for service from my dealer i remember the crabby ones that com in to my shop and i never what to be one of them. i can say i have always gotten good service. i am sorry for the troubles some have had with their units but sometimes bad things come off the line. hope they all get resolved.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote