Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2012, 07:56 AM   #1
Englishman

Installing 32" TV keystone Bullet 281BHS

This weekend we installed a 32" Tv on the center console. We decided that a mirror was not need in this location and also enabled the Kids to watch TV in the main room and still have a TV in the bedroom.

what you will need
1. 32" TV or Smaller. Max height restriction 22"
2. 32" TV wall mount Bracket. (monoprice PID-7847 $25 inc shipping) or like.
3. 3 x audio Y-Cable (RadioShack $4:99) This will enable you to watch a DVD on either or both TV's.
4 1 X3' component cable (red/white/yellow)
5. 1 x 4' coax cable.
6. 1 coax splitter.
7. very short coax cable for splitter.
8. Bolts 2" X 3/8 plus washer/locking washer and Nuts.

Installation.
1. Turn 19" tv to the Bedroom
2. Remove the mirror.
3. Remove 19" TV from mount locking bracket screw is accessible though hole in back. lay tv on bed.
4. Run second coax and power down though pipe and hole in board. Run any other cable that you may need (HDMI).
5. Re-install 19" tv bed room side
5. remove Jensen Radio.
6. Drop audio/video cable down from top
7. locate the video and audio out cable on the back on the Jensen System install the Y-Cable and re-attach the original audio/video cable and the new one. (this will depend on the TV bracket)
8. Re-install Jensen Radio
9. From top of opening measure down between 6" and 7" on both sides. (This distance may change with different brackets)
10. Drill to holes about 1/2 in from each side.
11. put bracket up with two bolts just in the holes. Then Make second hole on each side.
12. Take down bracket and drill second lot of holes.
13. Clean/vacuum up the mess 19" TV will still swivel.
14. lock 19" TV facing bedroom.
15. install new TV bracket with bolts.
16. Measure and and install brackets on back of TV.
17. Test mount TV and adjust if needed.
18. Have somebody hold TV install all of the cable on the TV and mount TV on wall Bracket.
19. Install coax splitter in cabinet at top.
20. Open a beer and enjoy the new TV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	phpYRYLZaAM.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	1094   Click image for larger version

Name:	phpaXHv97AM.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	1098   Click image for larger version

Name:	phpkqXrgRAM.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1099  
https://thecloudscamping.weebly.com/
Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Looks great ..... nice job and post, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #3
f6bits

Awewome! I’d like to upgrade mine someday but I kept thinking I should keep it within the confines of the cabinet. How much clearance do you have when the slide is in? I’ll have to measure mine. I’m just going to ditch the 19” TV since we have no need for one in the bedroom.

Do you have a picture of the bracket before you placed the new TV?

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #4
Englishman

Smile extra pictures.

The TV sticks out about 3" from the cabinet and with the slider in these's only about 10" of clearance down from 12".
The TV is easy to remove with the monoprice bracket you just pull to cords to unattached the bottom of the TV brackets then lift NO screws.
But on the bright side the clearance issue is DW's problem I have plenty of clearance on my side. (I sure that I will pay for that later)
https://thecloudscamping.weebly.com/
Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
Badboy

Plan on replacing tv in our new trailer with a 32" when we get it.tv in space now don't look rite.
Badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:55 AM   #6
gilnutz

Great Job!

One reason I didn't buy a Passport was the small TV. I thought about doing this but didn't know if the slide would work with it. I will keep this post for when I upgrade my RV.

Billy
gilnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #7
russellkids6
Permanent User Ban

We just did the same thing here...http://rvmama.com/keystone-passport-rv-modifications/ but we didnt have to remove the radio or damage the frame. Interesting way you did the job! looks great!
russellkids6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #8
allentx1

Nice... now you just need theater chairs in the living room. Our Avalanche came with the Jensen 32" on an articulating arm. Not sure what was special about Jensen but ours has already failed with the remote control eye going out. We also have a single pixel (pink) on the screen. We elected NOT to purchase the extended warranty on the electronics... I found a replacement Vizio for $250. Will mount right in place and the kids will get a 32" Jensen LCD TV for playroom. (I don't care if they have to get up to change channel) I'll be interested to see how the non-Jensen TVs hold up.

2011 Avalanche 340TG
2010 Ford F-250 6.4l Power Stroke 2wd
Pullrite auto-slider hitch
Austin Texas area
allentx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #9
Shelbs

Roy, thank you for this post! I just completed a similar mod using the info you provided as a guideline.

The TV console on our Passport is against the wall with passage on only one side. And the wife wanted to keep the mirror so I didn't need any new wiring. But your info regarding the mounting of the brackets was super helpful.
Thanks!

We Are The Shelby's
Steven
Faith
Sierra and Abby (Woof!!!)
2014 Montana High Country 343RL
2014 Ford F250
Shelbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:11 AM   #10
JOEFATIMA

TV inside Bullet

Great job. Thanks for the detail on how you did it. I'm having a problem with my 19" TV. Wife went to turn on and it showed a blue line and then quit working altogether. Since it was the day we were leaving I didn't have much time to trouble shoot. Also we leave are trailer at the campground trailer storage which is about two hours away from our home. I did unplug and replug from TV and check out the fuse in fuse box. Not the problem. So my plans are to take another TV electrical cord and plug in to another electrical line to see if it is the TV is the problem. If it dose work then I'm going to assume maybe the TV plug to radio my be loose and need to take out radio out to check. I assuming the TV took a dump. Could you please tell me how hard to take out (Thank you for the advise to turn TV around) mirror? Is it difficult pulling out the radio setup? Again, any advise would be helpful. We are going up back camping next week and l like to determine what the problem is. Can't believe I only had the unit for less than 7 months. Any imput from anyone would be helpful. Thank you. Joe Silveira
2004 1/2 ton Sierra pickup
Previous trailer - 2619 Trailmanor
JOEFATIMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:23 AM   #11
JOEFATIMA

Sansui 19" TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEFATIMA View Post
Great job. Thanks for the detail on how you did it. I'm having a problem with my 19" TV. Wife went to turn on and it showed a blue line and then quit working altogether. Since it was the day we were leaving I didn't have much time to trouble shoot. Also we leave are trailer at the campground trailer storage which is about two hours away from our home. I did unplug and replug from TV and check out the fuse in fuse box. Not the problem. So my plans are to take another TV electrical cord and plug in to another electrical line to see if it is the TV is the problem. If it dose work then I'm going to assume maybe the TV plug to radio my be loose and need to take out radio out to check. I assuming the TV took a dump. Could you please tell me how hard to take out (Thank you for the advise to turn TV around) mirror? Is it difficult pulling out the radio setup? Again, any advise would be helpful. We are going up back camping next week and l like to determine what the problem is. Can't believe I only had the unit for less than 7 months. Any imput from anyone would be helpful. Thank you. Joe Silveira
I've also been looking on line and Sansui TV dosen't have great ratings. Anyone change out to another model and fit in cabinet? Thank you.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:23 PM   #12
f6bits

I posted a thread about my TV swap out. Just find any well-reviewed TV that fits the space.
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...hlight=cowboys

The radio is really easy to pull out. Tug on the bezel and it'll unsnap. Then unscrew the radio and gently pull it out. I let my dangle from the wires while I'm working on it.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #13
JOEFATIMA

Whats the best way to remove TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6bits View Post
I posted a thread about my TV swap out. Just find any well-reviewed TV that fits the space.
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...hlight=cowboys

The radio is really easy to pull out. Tug on the bezel and it'll unsnap. Then unscrew the radio and gently pull it out. I let my dangle from the wires while I'm working on it.
Thank you.

Whats the easliest way to remove TV? I've pulled out TV as far as it would go and it seems it would be difficult to get a screwdriver (flat or philips?) back behind to unscrew from extension arm. Should I take out mirror? How difficult? I see where all wires lead to, no problem there. Thanks for you help with the radio.

Any ideas for this old furt.

Sorry I just look down and saw your post on removing TV.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #14
JOEFATIMA

TV Sansui

Thank you Scott for all your information.

Just return from camping trip and guess what, when I plug in my power cord TV came on. No problems with TV while we were camping. TV is not a 19", it is classified as a 22". Didn't remove TV, but it did look like it would be fairly easly to do if required. Actually the whole setup looks fairly simple to get at. I'm thinking of removing the whole turn table system and installing a larger TV within cabinet area. Something to think about.

Again thank you Scott for all your help. Its the pits when you are not near your trailer storage but great when you don't have to transport. Have a great time camping.

PS Another question which I plan to post, dose your trailer rock when someone is walking around? I never had it happen in my old trailer.