Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2022, 04:12 PM   #1
the-andersons

Question Dometic Air Conditioner Error Code E2

Hello,

Im get this error on my IN-COMMAND Digital display.
Dometic Air Conditioner Error Code E2

Any idea what this is referring to and how to reset or fix?
2019 Cougar 26 RBS.

It happened last year and continues now. Even after the batteries had been removed for the winter.

Thanks,
AA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7409.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	307.8 KB
ID:	39140  
the-andersons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 07:29 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Isn't the E2 error code the one identifying the "thermistor input out of range" ???

If so, then it's probably the same lockout that prevents the air conditioner or furnace from operating if under 40F or over 100F.

If the temperature in the trailer is below 40F, try a hair dryer to blow on the thermistor (the little bumpout with the slits molded in it) and see if that will unlock the air conditioner. If the temperature is above about 90F, try a couple ice cubes in a zip lock baggie to cool down the thermistor/thermostat.

You can also do a google search for "Dometic air conditioner error code E2" and it will give you results that direct you to the troubleshooting guide along with lots of hints. But I'd suspect the "control box lockout problem" that has been an issue for a lot of owners of 2019/2020 trailers with In-Command and Dometic a/c's.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 06:28 AM   #3
ChuckS

Yup the E2 error means the Roof AC unit for that Zone can't see the remote tempo sensor inside the RV and since it can't see that sensor to read the resistance the control board and you In Command BCM and Display don't know what the temp is and it will not run.. error displayed..

You year 2019 had issues with the Gateway and this may or may not be the cause.. see first file UL

The image Ive attached also shows you what that remote temp sensor should measure in ohms when disconnected from its gateway or control module and read with a multimeter directly at the plug end on the AC...

If the remote sensor resistance value read is in the general ballpark then a reset of the BCM and maybe a full on hard reset ( remove battery power and shore power and reconnect ) will allow the gateway to reset its relays and then read the sensor
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (263).jpg
Views:	479
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	39142  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Keystone+SB+for+Dometic+Gateway.pdf (533.1 KB, 356 views)

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 07:01 AM   #4
the-andersons

Thanks for the info guys!!
I will check it out.
What I found weird was everything works for the furnace when heating. Thermostat reads accurately and runs normally. But this error code keeps coming up and I haven’t even tried running the A/C unit at all.

Tags
air conditioner, dometic