Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
woody50000

black tank slow and not complete draining

I have a 2010 Avalanche. The black tank refuses to empty all the way out. I have a clear elbow that hooks to tank outlet. When it first starts to empty with the tank full it just trickels water, then a few solids,back to water trickel until I get impatient and shut it off. We make sure and have lots of water in it before we dump. This trailer was bought last fall so it has not been out very many times. It has been to shop for this and they said it had a plug in it from manufacturing. Still does it. I guess my question is anyone with a newer Avalanche have this probem. Thanks,woody
woody50000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
travelbugger

slow drain

Have you tried flushing your toilet with a hose? If you dont have a back flusher just spray down the toilet. I think you just have build up somewhere.
It's good to flush every few dumps to make sure everything comes out. Unless your traveling, you could do it every time.
And after you empty your tank- its a good idea to put a few gallons of water in before using it.
Let me know if that helps at all. Btw, are you using RV toilet paper?
travelbugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
hankaye

woody50000, Howdy;

If one of the "tech's" Said you have a plug in there from the Manu'fter, he's probably refering to when thy cut the holes for the drain,vent, and inlet.
those pieces of plastic WILL plug your drain. Should have been removed before the tank was installed. Only way to get them out is take the tank out of your system (dismount it from the trailer), then shake it till they show at the hole , then grab each and pull it out.
Now I am in NO WAY connected to these folks in any way shape or form...

http://www.allprowaterflow.com/

They do a pressure wash and remote television inspect of your tanks(s).

They do alot of work for dealers so there may be one of his franchisiees near by.

Or ... if ya just have a large mound of "stuff" lodged near the outlet ...
your call.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote