Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2011, 07:26 AM   #1
Mij

Bunk TV mount install

I had planned on mounting a 22" LCD for my daughter so bought a tilt mount (not a swivel). After I had everything and looking at the entertainment center, found the the veiwing angle sucked without being able to swivel left to right. So I mounted it anyway but left the foot stand on the tv and mounted it so the tv rests on the foot so as not to pull on the mount. So when we are using the tv I can lift it off the mount (slots in mount as seen in pics) and change to whatever angle I want and the can reattach the tv to wall when we are traveling. I will probably buy another mount and if I can get it wired will just take that tv outside and hang it up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0095.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	416   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0096.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	417   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0097.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	418   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0099.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	419   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0102.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	421  

Mij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #2
WaitingToRetire

I like this idea. I have a similar problem and was thinking about what to do. I don't really want to spend the $50-ish for a swivel mount just for the kids bedroom that's only gonna get used on rainy days.

Thanks for the idea!
Chad
WaitingToRetire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:57 AM   #3
The Sod Father

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingToRetire View Post
I like this idea. I have a similar problem and was thinking about what to do. I don't really want to spend the $50-ish for a swivel mount just for the kids bedroom that's only gonna get used on rainy days.

Thanks for the idea!
Chad
Have you tried monoprice.com? They have great prices on wall mounts, cables, etc. You can get a tilt and swivel wall bracket for a 30lb tv that is under $15. Their stuff is top quality. I recently bought a tilt telescoping mount for my 42" plasma. I mounted it on the wall and tested it by doing chin ups on it. I weigh 240lbs. No problem.
Tekonsha Prodigy playing the role of brake control
The Sod Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:47 PM   #4
WaitingToRetire

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sod Father View Post
Have you tried monoprice.com? They have great prices on wall mounts, cables, etc. You can get a tilt and swivel wall bracket for a 30lb tv that is under $15. Their stuff is top quality. I recently bought a tilt telescoping mount for my 42" plasma. I mounted it on the wall and tested it by doing chin ups on it. I weigh 240lbs. No problem.
Awesome, thanks for the tip. $15 is much better than the "other" stores I've seen.
Chad
WaitingToRetire is offline   Reply With Quote