Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2015, 06:56 PM   #1
GrumpyG

TT in storage between trips

When I had my Class C, I had a large garage built for it, with 30 amp electric service, water and sewer hook-up. I kept the camper plugged in to the power with a Progressive Industries surge protector inline.

Now that I am moving to the TT, are there any concerns with keeping the power plugged in the same as the Class C?

I like to keep the camper stocked and ready to go without having to load a bunch of stuff. If I can keep the electric on, then the fridge is ready to go along with everything else.

Thanks for any advice. This forum's members are very helpful.
GrumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:46 PM   #2
theeyres

I don't think it's any different than your C. Keep it plugged in and ready to go.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:40 PM   #3
GaryWT

Yes, same as the C. We keep ours plugged in from April to the end of Oct. we keep the fridge on all that time ready to go. When we shop we bring the food right out to the trailer. When we return home we do the laundry and put it back in the trailer thus we are always ready to roll.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 03:57 AM   #4
byrdr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryWT View Post
Yes, same as the C. We keep ours plugged in from April to the end of Oct. we keep the fridge on all that time ready to go. When we shop we bring the food right out to the trailer. When we return home we do the laundry and put it back in the trailer thus we are always ready to roll.
we do the same. I was able to keep frig off most of this past few months, but the wife bought a lot of groceries this past payday, so we started it back up so she could have extra cold storage. I used to keep it cold year round for
my Diet Mt Dew but I have quit drinking them and all sodas so I haven't needed a cold storage unit for my sodas(or pop as some of you call it)
Sheets, towels, dishtowels, etc are washed and then placed right back into the camper.
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 04:06 AM   #5
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdr1 View Post
we do the same. I was able to keep frig off most of this past few months, but the wife bought a lot of groceries this past payday, so we started it back up so she could have extra cold storage. I used to keep it cold year round for
my Diet Mt Dew but I have quit drinking them and all sodas so I haven't needed a cold storage unit for my sodas(or pop as some of you call it)
Sheets, towels, dishtowels, etc are washed and then placed right back into the camper.
randy
Our trailer stays plugged in year-round and the fridge is on from last freeze to first freeze..

Hope you didn't throw out all the Cheerwine...
Old 06-26-2015, 06:28 AM   #6
GMcKenzie

Just keep using the surge protector, same as you did before.

I really need to install mine.

"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
GMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:29 AM   #7
Western Traveler

When I leave the fridge on with food stored in it, I freeze a 1/2 filled water bottle in an upright position then lay it on it's side in the freezer while away from the TT. If the ice is lengthwise in the bottle on my return I know I lost power to the fridge at some point while I was away.
I do the same with the freezer in our home.

2014 Cougar 21RBSWE "The Sugar Shack"
2006 F250 Super duty "Buttercup"
King Ranch Crew
6.0L Diesel
Bulletproofed
Reese Straight-line Dual cam WDH
Me and My Bride
Western Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote