Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2015, 01:57 AM   #1
Texascoastalfish

2015 Cougar 327RES kitchen counter need better securing ? or working as designed ?

Hi all
We are set to pick up our new 327RES next Friday. I was doing a PDI yesterday and I noticed that the Lshaped kitchen counter seems to have some wobble in it. Like it needs a shim or something to secure it better to the floor. It the L shaped island portion that when the slide is retracted goes under the back counter. I am just concerned that as we go down the road the vibration and subsequent movement will eventually compromise the floor and underlying plywood.

Any Cougar327 RES owners out there that can comment ? Is your island portion solid ? or does it have that play in it so when you put any weight on it it settles noticeably and then pops up a bit when your weight is removed. Or is it designed that way cause it cannot be secured on all corners due to part of it sits over the retracted slideout.

Seems it could be shimmed and secured better. I just dont want structural issues that I could have had fixed from the get go.

They have a high country Cougar 327RES that Im going to compare, but it was late and they were closing and it was locked. I will compare it to mine

Thanks !

I marked it down and gave a copy of my PDI sheet to the service folks and explained it to them. They say they will look into it .

Texascoastalfish is offline   Reply With Quote