Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2015, 06:48 PM   #1
socalhd

Nervous and excited at the same time

2014 Fuzion FZ342.

We are not new to 5ers. Our last unit was an 06 Sierra 37sp. But time to upgrade. We sold that unit with no intention of buying a new one right away. We went to a few shows and got excited about all the new features. The 342 seemed to be the rig for us we did not want to buy until January but we negotiated what I think was an awesome price and we gave the dealer money to hold the unit.
Now the time is here and we do our walk thru on Saturday. From what I have seen these Fuzions are at the top of their class, but along with positive reviews there are many Negative reviews. I know you cannot rely on all info from the internet as being accurate.
Ive printed out the Walk thru checklist from this site and I hope for a clean PDI. I made some mistakes the last time and I made it clear to my Dealer I am gonna be Anal.
Ive already decided I will not take possession of the unit if I find anything wrong.
I am worried because this unit had some theft damage while on the lot. TVS, stereo etc.
We will see
socalhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:01 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Congrats

While I agree with being anal on the walkthrough, I hope you understand that a human did your PDI and may have missed something. Don't let some minor issue ruin the excitement of getting a new RV. I have missed things that the new buyer found, deal breaker is the dealerships attitude/unwillingness towards repairs.

We pride ourselves in dealing with any and all customer concerns BEFORE you drive it off the lot, I hope your dealership takes this stance. We encourage a shakedown trip and you should schedule one as soon as you can. I have told countless new owners, if you can't take it to a campground, camp in your driveway. Take your time and again...ENJOY!!

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:19 PM   #3
KanTC

I agree with Chuckster: "Don't let some minor issue ruin the excitement". Complete the walk-through &
give the dealer the opportunity to fix/replace/resolve any problems, if possible.

If you haven't already done so, double-check the 2014 brochure so you'll know what items *should be*
included/installed on that model. [Examples: TV's/stereo, sink covers/stove cover, sofa pillows, etc]
Make a list & check it twice, to put your mind at ease. http://www.keystonerv.com/media/8575...013_lowres.pdf

PS. Don't forget to check ALL sets of door keys (confirm that they work) before you leave. Yeah, it happens. <LOL>

Relax & enjoy... and we want photos!
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:49 AM   #4
GaryWT

Congrats and enjoy, good luck with the walk through.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 12:12 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Sounds like you have the right plan in mind. Since it does have the theft history cut the dealership some slack on the PDI. If you find something, and you may, give them the chance to fix it to your satisfaction before you throw out the deal.

When we bought our unit the dealership had a punch list of 12 items they had found and corrected them. When I did our walkthru we found two small items that they fixed right away. I also had a screaming deal and didn't even think about the two items I found.....I was impressed with their finding the first 12!!
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 12:53 PM   #6
Ken / Claudia

What helps is listen to what is being said. Even if when you know how to turn on the stove let them explain it. Than if you have any questions about the stove ask than before you guys move on to the next item. I think when buying a new car, rv, boat etc. it is to easy to just be excited on the new look or smell and not listen to the salesman or see problems before you leave the lot.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 06:10 PM   #7
socalhd

Well I came home without it. They were supposed to install Mor/ryde suspension SRE4000. Instead they installed a Mor/Ryde pin box. Now an upgrade I don't have to pay for. Their mistake. We found way too many things needing attention and felt it was best it stay another week. Things like a sofa recliner not working and the garage door out of alignment. The guy giving the walk thru was embarrassed because it was not prepped very well. Not his fault. Even though I did not take delivery we did the paperwork. I am pleased with the way this dealer is handling things.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:47 PM   #8
chuckster57
Site Team

Good! I am glad your happy overall with how it went, lets hope the dealer takes care of all the discrepancies in a timely fashion.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:40 PM   #9
Ken / Claudia

Good job, no reason to take it until it is right.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 02:10 PM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

Sounds like the dealer is stepping up. You did the right thing by leaving it. It will get taken care of a lot quicker that if you're trying to re-schedule, plus, if you left the paperwork hanging they will be motivated to get the work completed so they can finish the deal and get their money. Don't get discouraged - sounds like it's going to work out for you.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:50 PM   #11
socalhd

Got the call today. She is ready for another walk thru tomorrow morning.
I want to pick it up, bring it home and load it up for a descent roadtrip and overnighter. It has been awhile since my truck has had a load on it
Old 01-16-2015, 07:08 PM   #12
chuckster57
Site Team

Woohoo.

Old 01-17-2015, 10:21 PM   #13
socalhd

Well she is home. With a few of the items fixed. The Mor/Ryde on. But there are still some issues they are waiting on parts for. Like some graphics and a door jam for the pass thru garage door. The strike plate and latch were off by 1/2 inch.
And damned if they did not give me the keys to the ramp door locks. It seems strange that every door uses a different key. Luckily the ramp door latches were unlocked
Anyway this rig towed as smooth as butter. It seemed lighter than my 06 Sierra 37sp although specs say it is heavier. I even dropped the gain down a bit on the controller. It just felt good behind my truck.
Spent the day loading her up. Finding places for stuff. That has been a task.
I picked up a TPMS system for it. So tomorrow I will install, then its off for a short test Road trip to Yuma to get my Sand toys from storage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new trailer.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	7735  
Old 02-18-2015, 05:23 PM   #14
socalhd

To bring this thread current in case anybody cares. We Love this rig. A definite upgrade from our Sierra 37SP. Very easy to Manuever. It tows nicely. It is very comfy.
Yes there are a few minor issues that need addressed when I return it to the Dealer Friday.
We dry camped in the desert with it for 4 days this last weekend and had no real issues. I am very pleased and hoping for a smooth and timely repair of the identified issues.

2007 F350 Dually
2014 Fuzion FZ342
2015 Harley CVO Limited
Old 02-18-2015, 06:07 PM   #15
sourdough
Site Team

Sounds like things are going good. Good luck and hope you have a lot more fun.