Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2014, 07:57 AM   #1
BPugs

WasherDryer Hook ups

New 2015 Retreat 39FDEN will not be using the hookups for the washer & dryer and would like to know if anyone has removed or made unusable so accidents in that closet can't happen by someone opening the values?
BPugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 08:09 AM   #2
Javi

I plan on either capping or putting in shutoff valves where they branch off the main so I don't have to deal with them as we camp several time each winter and it is an unnecessary PIA to blow the water out of them.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:34 AM   #3
BPugs

Thanks for the idea just took delivery of a 2015 Retreat 39FDEN so the water lines haven't been charged yet. But I will want to disconnect the two fixtures so no one can see what happens if they turn on. (Grandkids) When you do post the results I will do the same.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:45 AM   #4
Desert185

Just use hose end caps to screw on the water outlets. Done, but not disabled for future use. We use ours in the garage for a Splendide washer.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 08:56 AM   #5
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert185 View Post
Just use hose end caps to screw on the water outlets. Done, but not disabled for future use. We use ours in the garage for a Splendide washer.
I will "NEVER, NEVER" use them, but I will leave them in place (just disabled) for the next owner, if there is one.

I disabled the outdoor shower on my Passport for the same reason, we never used it and I got tired of having to remember to blow it clear of water every time we take the trailer out in the winter. I did that by putting a cutoff valve at the tee where the line split to go outside.

It remains to be seen if I block the outside shower on the 333MKS since it is in the same compartment as the FW connection and convenient when blowing out the lines.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:24 AM   #6
BPugs

Thanks was thinking the same thing on the outdoor shower I think in all the unit we have had only once did the outside shower get used.