Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2010, 05:00 AM   #1
BStiers

Fuzion 360

Any other owners of the 360? Look to share/Exchange some information.

Bryan
BStiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:21 PM   #2
jimzdat

Had ours for almost 3 months now - so far, made a few short trips with it, but finally have it all winterized and probably won't be doing much more until the snow goes away
jimzdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:37 AM   #3
BStiers

I have only made one trip thus far and just winterized it. Do you have it all figured out? I have to know it all and there are things I am still figuring out. For exmple. How do you put in the slide outs if the hydraulics do not work?

Any problems with your happy jack table? The screws pulled out of the legs the first time I put them down.

Bryan
Old 12-11-2010, 01:43 PM   #4
jimzdat

Only thing I've been able to dig up on the slides is the manual lug on the pump motor - it's designed to be driven with a drill motor. But since the pump is mounted in the manner it is, you can't access the end of the motor to put a drill on it???
Guess just cross the fingers and hope it keeps working.....

As far as the table; haven't had any issues yet, but we aren't using the garage area a lot yet.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out the best routing for the rear view camera I bought - want to install with minimal penetrations through the trailer
jimzdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:40 PM   #5
BStiers

I have figured out tons of stuff so if you have questions send them my way. Maybe I have answers if not we will figure them together.

I think you can put the emergency handle on the big slide but not sure about the bed slide.

Bryan
Old 12-22-2010, 06:44 PM   #6
Agent 360

Our New Toyhauler . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStiers View Post
Any other owners of the 360? Look to share/Exchange some information.

Bryan
Purchased ours in May 2010. I thought the black tank was one big holding tank. Actually it's two black holding tanks. One for the main bathroom and one for the second bathroom in the garage area. Then there was two more tanks. One for the sink and the other for the shower. And they were mis-marked from the factory.
Other than that, I've been fortunate with no trouble.
I have taken it to Sturgis for a week (1200 mile round trip), to Southern Minnesota (500 mile round trip twice).
We're heading for Hill Country in Texas after Christmas for three months. We hope everything will go well.
By-the-way, just had the Recall (transfer switch) checked out today and it checked out good.
Agent 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:27 AM   #7
g sport

sturgis sounds like fun , i dont even ride and i want to go,,, how did they test the switch,did they just look at it or put a meter on it ? got my recall letter for are 400 couple days ago....
Old 12-24-2010, 07:07 PM   #8
BStiers

Smile

Here are some things I have figured out.

Yes there are 2 Black Water tanks, one Aft and one FWD. Both are tied into the same black water flush connections so when you flush one tank you are actually flushing both.

There are 2 grey water tanks. The fwd tank does the master bath and the aft tank does the aft sink and the kitchen sink.

I believe the 2 gas tanks are as follows. Fwd label Generator is 20 gal and the Toy tank is 30 gal.

By the main entry steps there is a line that ties into the main propane connection for a grill or other accessory.

There is a hole on the drivers side that you can put a manual crank in for the front leveling gear.

I am sure there is more but I can not think of anything off the top of my head.

Hope that helps. I am ready to camp but the unit is winterized.

I just picked mine up in Nov. Early Christmas gift to myself.

Bryan
Old 12-25-2010, 06:57 PM   #9
Agent 360

Quote:
Here are some things I have figured out.

Yes there are 2 Black Water tanks, one Aft and one FWD. Both are tied into the same black water flush connections so when you flush one tank you are actually flushing both.

There are 2 grey water tanks. The fwd tank does the master bath and the aft tank does the aft sink and the kitchen sink.

I believe the 2 gas tanks are as follows. Fwd label Generator is 20 gal and the Toy tank is 30 gal.

By the main entry steps there is a line that ties into the main propane connection for a grill or other accessory.

There is a hole on the drivers side that you can put a manual crank in for the front leveling gear.

I am sure there is more but I can not think of anything off the top of my head.

Hope that helps. I am ready to camp but the unit is winterized.

I just picked mine up in Nov. Early Christmas gift to myself.

Bryan
Bryan:

Well, Merry Christmas. What a nice gift for Christmas!

I don't know why, but Keystone or the Fuzions dealerships should point out some of this stuff completely. Less confusion on one's maiden outing.

Thanks for your post. I had called Keystone and they told me that one of the tanks was 18 gal and the other was 30. I have it written down somewhere as to the 18 gallon tank is either forward or Aft. My first thought was that the 18 Gal tank was the Aft or the Rear. Not too sure without looking at my notes.
You are correct on the Black and Grey water tanks and how they are laid out. I wish I had known that before I took it out the first time. I didn't know about the rear Black and Grey tanks, hence, they didn't get drained until I started smelling the foul oder the second time out.
I will keep the >Toy Haulers > Fuzion 360 thread informed of anything out of the ordinary.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:13 PM   #10
Agent 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by g sport View Post
sturgis sounds like fun , i dont even ride and i want to go,,, how did they test the switch,did they just look at it or put a meter on it ? got my recall letter for are 400 couple days ago....
g sport:

They told me they had put a meter on it and visually looked at it. The connections didn't show any dis-colorization. The whole job took less than an hour. They checked a 383 on the lot, and that was also good.
Service also explained to me how the transfer switch worked. If one starts the generator first and then plug in the 50 amp chord -- it will stay on the generator -- because it was initiated first. If you plug in the 50 amp chord, and then start the generator, it will stay on the 50 amp electrical current because it was initiated first. You probably already knew this, but thought I'd mention it anyway. At-any-rate, I have never run both at the same time yet.
By-the-way, how does one get an avitar next to one's name?
Old 12-26-2010, 12:13 AM   #11
Festus2
Site Team

Agent360
Regarding your question about the avatar.....
1) Go the the Home Page.
2) In the blue bar at the top, you will see the option "CP" (Control Panel)
3) Click on CP
4) A new box will appear on the left hand side. See Control Panel --- Edit Avatar
5) Click on Ediit Avatar
6) a new page will appear with instructions on how to insert an avatar
7) You can download a photo from your own Photo File or import an avatar from another URL website.......
8) Make sure your avatar does not exceed the pixels stated or it may be too "large" and will not be accepted.

If you have any difficulties with this, check back with me.

Cheers
Festus2
Old 12-26-2010, 08:23 AM   #12
BStiers

Thanks and all very good info. I found it rather easy to winterize this year. One other thing I just realized is under the main entry steps is the drain lines for the water heater.

I have a few mods I will be doing before camping this year.

I am going to put in a valve where the sewer hose connects so I can open both grey water tank drain valves and cross connect the taks. That way they will be like one big tank.

I also need a place/way to store my sewer hose.

Bryan
Old 03-05-2011, 05:41 PM   #13
KenBob

Fuzion 360

We took delivery of our 360 in October. Started to do the little things that Keystone missed. Or I think it needs.

Installing remote control "fantastic fan" in living area as there is no venting for the stove.

Combi-cam locks on storage doors.
Locking gas caps.
Maxx-air vent covers
Golf cart Batteries
Cable locks on propane tanks

Thinking about wall switches for BR and Garage lights.

Trying to find lock for fuel station switch door &/or installing a shut off switch inside.
90 degree TV cable connectors at wall connections.
Adapter for fresh water tank drain for hose connection.
Replace water system drains with valves.
Water heater tank drain valve. Have to remove anode rod.

Any issues with garage door to living area coming open while towing?
Wish the 360 had separate slide controls.

The 9volt/12volt CO detector failed. Warranty replaced w/9volt only. Now have a place for a 12volt something on the wall!
Hope the Carlisle Radial Trail tires do not fail!
KenBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #14
BStiers

Smile Fuzion 360

KenBob,
I have been plugging away at mine as well.

Not sure what Combi Cam locks are, I left the factory locks on the storage doors but bought a 4 pack of ones with a different type of key and installed them by removing non-locking the twist lock. Now my Generator, and my 2 storage does have 2 locks each.

I installed Max Air vents on all the vents. I have not replaced the vents.

I installed a lock on the propane door, I know supposed to but I will remove it once I put a lock on the bottles.

I like the idea of locking gas caps, I will need to add that to my list. Do they both have the same key?

Golf Cart Batteries are next. I am thinking of installing 3.

I bought a valve to make it where I can combine the 2 Grey Water tanks to make one big tank.

I am also looking into the 90 degree shore tie adapter. I am affraid the weight of the shore tie will pull the receptical from the wall.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #15
KenBob

Quote:
KenBob,
I have been plugging away at mine as well.

Not sure what Combi Cam locks are, I left the factory locks on the storage doors but bought a 4 pack of ones with a different type of key and installed them by removing non-locking the twist lock. Now my Generator, and my 2 storage does have 2 locks each.

I installed Max Air vents on all the vents. I have not replaced the vents.

I installed a lock on the propane door, I know supposed to but I will remove it once I put a lock on the bottles.

I like the idea of locking gas caps, I will need to add that to my list. Do they both have the same key?

Golf Cart Batteries are next. I am thinking of installing 3.

I bought a valve to make it where I can combine the 2 Grey Water tanks to make one big tank.

I am also looking into the 90 degree shore tie adapter. I am affraid the weight of the shore tie will pull the receptical from the wall.
You can get keyed alike gas caps. got mine at auto zone. CST is the brand and 5991 is the part #.

Two GC batteries fit in the battery tray. If you use GC batts they need to be in multiples of 2. Can't get 12 volts with 3 GC batts. Where would you put a 3rd batt? I considered removing the left side propane tank and put one there. But with GC batts, I kept the tank. Will carry an extra 12v deep cycle in the truck in case of a GC batt failure.

Combi-cams are combination locks. I got them at Tweety's. Less keys to deal with.

I am with you on the 90 degree shore adapter. Less stress on the outlet.

How will you plumb the gray tank valve? sounds interesting.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #16
BStiers

Smile Fuzion 360

Thanks for the info. That is the first time I have seem Combi-cams. Is there only one in the package?

Yea, I need to look at the battery issue. For some reason I was thinking they were 12VDC each. I will start with 2 and go from there.

I have not found a deal on the 90 degree adapter yet. Still looking.

As for the making one big grey water tank. I have 2 ideas. 1. Cut off the fitteing where the sewage hose connects and intall a valve and another hose connection. That way you can leave that valve closed and open both grey water tanks. Plus leave the sewage tanks closed. 2. The route I took is I bought part number 89-8304 from Tweety's. It just twists on. That way I can do the same as mentioned above.

Bryan
Old 03-06-2011, 06:33 PM   #17
KenBob

The combi-cams come one to a pack. 7/8" were the size that worked. There is a drawback to the combi-cams for me. I am S.O.L. to open them if I do not have my glasses!

Note on the gas caps. You can not use the tethers off the OE caps. You will need to remove the rivets that hold the tethers to the body. I do not have tethers or plan on trying to adapt a tether to the caps. If you want to try and find a different make of gas cap, use an 89 chrysler LeBaron as the vehicle.

Noticed you have a Kawasaki Vulcan. I own an 08 Nomad. It'll be riding weather soon!
Old 03-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #18
KenBob

A couple other things I wanted to upgrade.

Storage compartment on/off switch for landing gear and hitching lights. Cutting power to the outside switches.

Landing gear stabilizer rods. I am going to try using truck bed cargo bars first. Seems to work great for someone else here or another forum.

Tire upgrade to Goodyear g614. The wheels on our fuzion are the HD version and can handle 3960 lbs and 110 psi. Do not have confidence in the Carlisles that it came with.

Will post more as I remember or an idea pops up.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:44 AM   #19
BStiers

Fuzion 360

Has anyone come up with an idea of where or how to store the sewage hose?
Old 03-14-2011, 05:20 AM   #20
KenBob

There are some responses over in another forum on this same question. Our last toyhauler also did not have hose storage. We use a plastic storage contaner with a locking lid. Keep it in the basement storage area. Never have had any issues with odor, leaks etc. Just air it out at trip's end. Some have made holders out of 6" pvc and attached them under the frame.