Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
Western Traveler

Mike Thompson RV Fountain Valley

After reading many blogs about the numerous complaints of the various dealerships I approached dealing with Mike Thompsons RV with much trepidation.
I felt I had done my homework and visited many dealerships looking at various TT's and was ready to buy. We visited the Pomona RV Show in the Fall.
I dealt with TJ in sales and the area Factory Rep Don. First trip recon second trip to buy.
TJ was helpful, truthful about the limits of the Polar Package Plus and the trailer in general and was a no nonsense kind of guy which is a good way to approach me.
Once the deal was done the unit was ordered from the Oregon plant.
Due to my work (away from home for 5 weeks) they held the unit for my return with a minimal down payment and no credit check per my request. On my return home (last week) a phone call was all it took for them to prepare the unit for delivery.
I was told to come up and complete the deal and then I could go through the unit to see if anything needed addressing before I had it delivered out of state.

Thanks to this Forum I explained I would be up to do a thorough PDI before any more money changed hands (using the PDI list from this forum). They said no problem and arranged a time 3 days before my desired delivery date to allow them time to fix anything I uncovered. I was met by TJ and he gave me complete access to the TT and assistance when needed (I did of course arrive carrying 4 pounds of See's Candy for TJ, the Finance manager and the staff).

Five hours later I gave them my list and was once again very thankful for this forum. So Far nothing major, a kinked gas line under the unit, a misaligned shower door and no handle on the black water tank (glad I found that one, LOL) all taken care of before delivery.
George the Finance Manager was extremely helpful as was Chris. They took care of FAX communications between my bank and Montana DMV even though I went with outside financing saying they were glad they could be of assistance.

If I had a friend interested in a RV I would not hesitate to send them to Mike Thompson's and TJ.
Western Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:20 AM   #2
So Cal CPA

I bought my Cougar 28RBS from Mike Thompson RV in Sante Fe Springs.

They fixed everything on the PDI. I took it back for warranty work for the following:

1. Fridge not working on electric
2. Floor bubbling
3. Storage under couch broken
4. Trim piece on U-dinette broken
5. A/C not working properly
6. Other misc stuff

They took care of all of that for me - no issues at all. So my experience was pretty good.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:34 PM   #3
f6bits

I also bought my slightly-used trailer at MT in Sante Fe Springs. Being a newbie, I did as much research as I could…which is never enough. I either got really lucky, or they were very thorough with this trailer. No issues.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:30 AM   #4
austinp

I bought mine at the Fountain Valley location. Great experience, easy to deal with and fast financing. Next time I'm on the market for a new RV or if referring others they will be the first on my list.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
austinp is offline   Reply With Quote