Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
Chinomax

New Cougar

So I got the new rig home late last Friday night fresh from Vegas. Starting the rigging process. LED lights, Fantastic Fans, Trade out the 76" bed for a full size queen, extra batteries, solar, the works. I pulled the drawers out to look at the space for pulling wires and found the most poorly constructed shelf supports that I have ever seen! A single upright with one screw holding up the rear of the drawer supports. I don't know how I made it home with them in one peice. Probably because they were empty! One more job to add to the list of many. Still a pretty well made unit for the money. Chino
Chinomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:09 AM   #2
Bob Landry

Put the drawer slides on your list of things to rebuild. Mine didn't make it through the first trip. They are put together using 1/8" plywood scraps and staples. I rebuilt mine using pieces of 1/2" plywood and screws. The reap horizontal support is also going to need another screw to keep it from twisting.

Check the shelves in the pantry and bedroom closet. Mine broke on the last trip.

I have rebuilt a BUNCH of stuff on my trailer.Good luck..

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
bg71361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinomax View Post
So I got the new rig home late last Friday night fresh from Vegas. Starting the rigging process. LED lights, Fantastic Fans, Trade out the 76" bed for a full size queen, extra batteries, solar, the works. I pulled the drawers out to look at the space for pulling wires and found the most poorly constructed shelf supports that I have ever seen! A single upright with one screw holding up the rear of the drawer supports. I don't know how I made it home with them in one peice. Probably because they were empty! One more job to add to the list of many. Still a pretty well made unit for the money. Chino
What model did you get???
bg71361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
Chinomax

244 RLSWE Fifthwheel.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:26 AM   #5
bg71361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinomax View Post
244 RLSWE Fifthwheel.
Very nice I have the 26sab similar in size. I pretty much went through mine from front to back took most things apart and redid a lot of things, I added LED's under and on the side under the awning, lights in the basement and a trailer hitch.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #6
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg71361 View Post
Very nice I have the 26sab similar in size. I pretty much went through mine from front to back took most things apart and redid a lot of things, I added LED's under and on the side under the awning, lights in the basement and a trailer hitch.
This sounds cool, having lights under sounds like a great idea.
Do you have any pics you could post?
Steve S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:18 AM   #7
bg71361

I will see if I have any...
Old 12-30-2013, 09:35 PM   #8
Chinomax

Been busy on the rig all last week. Just installed a BAL spare tire re-locater to the underside. Welded it in just in front of the front axle. A really well thought- out solution to moving the spare underneath. Chino
Old 01-01-2014, 10:07 AM   #9
bg71361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
This sounds cool, having lights under sounds like a great idea.
Do you have any pics you could post?

Here are a few shots of the lights underneath. Side shot is harder to see in daylight but you can see some blue.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]