Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
LZScout

It's been 7 weeks....

I took my 2013 Alpine 3250RL into my dealer almost 7 weeks ago. Mostly minor things really but some parts had to be ordered. My dealer (Noble RV) has done a good job on the repairs but they are at the mercy of Keystone. I'm still waiting on a replacement screen door (ours was warped) and a replacement spare tire winch (ours looked like it had been dragged acoss something) . Maybe I'll get it to the storage lot before next year?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

2012 F-350 SRW Lariat Supercrew 4X4 6.7L Diesel
2013 Keystone Alpine 3250RL
LZScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
Ron

I feel your pain, every time ours went in for warranty, It took forever to get it back. We have owned our Montana for 2 years this January and so far it has not been in our possession in our building under cover for 6 months off and on, instead at the dealer or at Keystone's plant in Pendleton Or. Hope you get your Alpine back soon...
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:34 AM   #3
outwest

I feel your pain. Our Vantage has been at dealer for 2 months this time around (last time was nearly a month), waiting on a replacement bumper.

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:31 AM   #4
Essness

Ours went in to Camping World in (Chicago) October 25th........ they called and said it was done November 20th, when I went to pick it up, the battery was dead. Hooked it to the truck so I could get the tounge jack to work and the kitchen light was on. Tounge jack wouldnt work, generator wouldn't start....... since it went in for warranty repairs on the generator I really wanted to start it. It's been 2 weeks and it's still there supposedly waiting for parts.

Snow expected this weekend which will make it extremely difficult to get it to it's storage spot...........
I guess the "professional techs" at Camping world didn't realize that leaving lights on would run the battery down
2016 Polaris RZR S900
Essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:47 AM   #5
robo

We dropped our passport sept 30 still waiting
robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:23 AM   #6
LZScout

I didn't realize our unhappy club would have so many members.

Old 12-06-2013, 06:56 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Maybe turn an "unhappy club" into a "happy club" by waiting until October/November to take it to the dealer for repairs. Cancel your storage lot space and count on the dealer to store your RV over the winter.....

That way, either you'll get it back in a week or get free storage for the winter

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:04 AM   #8
byrdr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Maybe turn an "unhappy club" into a "happy club" by waiting until October/November to take it to the dealer for repairs. Cancel your storage lot space and count on the dealer to store your RV over the winter.....

That way, either you'll get it back in a week or get free storage for the winter
Just make sure it is winterized!!!
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:13 AM   #9
outwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdr1 View Post
Just make sure it is winterized!!!
randy
hoping that dealer did proper job winterizing ours. Didn't dream it'd take this long so didn't winterize it before taking it in and ended up calling a couple of weeks ago to ask them to winterize it (to the tune of $65 or $69, forget which )

Old 12-06-2013, 08:01 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by outwest View Post
hoping that dealer did proper job winterizing ours. Didn't dream it'd take this long so didn't winterize it before taking it in and ended up calling a couple of weeks ago to ask them to winterize it (to the tune of $65 or $69, forget which )
Hmmmm "The great dealer heist", hold trailers hostage until the weather gets cold, that way they can make an extra $50-$100 by winterizing "hostage RV's".... Man, the things some dealers "won't do" for the extra few bucks LOL

No really, I wonder if the dealer hasn't winterized it yet (or even thought about it) whether or not they will hold themselves responsible for any damage from freezing...... In a way, it's their responsibility, but can also easily be "shuffled off" as, "You could have come and picked it up any time to winterize it."

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 12-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #11
thekid

Oct. 2 ed. don't have it yet.
thekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #12
Outbackmel

Winterize without your consent

You are just kidding right? Whatever is frozen and broken is coming back at you FAST! Any really concerned dealer would call you and say: we noticed your RV is not prepared for this freeze forecasted. For x$ we will gladly winterize the unit for you. What say you; yes or no? Bet that did not happen!
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:27 PM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

Outbackmel,

I think your "key operative statement" would be, "any really concerned dealer"...

I'd suspect that not many dealerships even think far enough beyond the scheduling board to think about calling to confirm whether a customer's RV was winterized before it was dropped off for repair.

If it takes 7+ weeks to effect basic repairs, I'd have to believe that dealership is not one that I'd want to put in the "really concerned" category......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 12-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #14
Roller4Tan

I wonder how they get them in for winterizing but not for repairs...
Roller4Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #15
Brantlaker

I don't know about the rest of the country but in New York there is a Bailment Law stating that if the a Car,Truck,Trailer & Motorcycle is left for repair the Repair shop is responsible for it that includes winterization if needed.I know from experience a truck was brought in to me for repair and no antifreeze in the engine it froze up and cracked the block( was in for a transmission repair) I had to eat the engine repair. My dealer told me last March when i dropped it off for warranty work that i could leave it there as long as I wanted to it was done 1 week after I left it and picked it up the 1st week in June when I needed it.I love these guy's

2012 Cougar 318SAB
2015 F350 SWD 4X4 3.55 Rear
Brantlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #16
LZScout

My warrantee repair items included work on the water/plumbing so the dealer winterized it at no cost to me.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #17
theeyres

After owning various Rvs for 50 years I really suspect that the problem lies with the dealer. I just think many dealers don't give a rip and never push Keystone or anybody else to get parts in a timely manner. Of course, Keystone could start getting rid of a bunch of these incompetent dealers and just start dealing with dealers that are customer oriented!

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #18
outwest

Service dept and I discussed the winterizing thing when dropped it off and I told them I'd take care of it. Mind you, this was Oct 11 and temps here in Oct are very mild (days with highs in 60s-70s) I didn't dream it'd be there so friggin long. I did call two or three days before freezing temps and they said they'd do it.

Called them again few days ago because a hard freeze (single digits) was on its way and asked them to plug it in for a bit to charge the batteries to prevent bursting (since last time it was there the battery was dead when went to pick it up). When I called about the batteries and mentioned how long it'd been there the person on the phone said, "is that the Vantage that we winterized?" So, they know. Big question is did they do it right (empty hot water, empty freshwater, remove water from black tank flush, etc)? Crossing fingers and toes.

Hope everyone's rigs are staying freeze-free during this winter blast that's crossing the nation.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #19
vantage32fls

Smile

Dropped ours off on Nov. 1, still not done. I did winterize before it went thought it might be awhile. It does make for more room in the driveway though, but it would be nice to go and sit in every now and then.

Tom & Sue
Keystone Vantage 32fls
2019 RAM CC 8' bed SRW 4x4 6.7 HO w/Aisin
15k Curt Tru-Trac Trunnion
vantage32fls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:37 AM   #20
Lost

I purposely didn't take our 5th wheel in for repairs until after we were done camping last summer. From what I've read I knew I wouldn't get it back for months. So before I took it in I winterized it. They have had it for over a month now but I don't care as long as I get it back by May. Only issue I can see is if they call me to pick it up when there is snow on the ground. My dirt road I live on is so narrow that I can only pull it in straight (not back it in). Therefore I have to pull it in straight then back it over the lawn to turn it around.