Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
lawdes

Keystone took care of axle issue

I have a 2012 Keystone 31rl trailer. Have had a few normal issues, but went on long trip this summer to the mountains, about 3500 miles. Never got off the main roads, and campgrounds were all well maintained. Notice abnormal wear on left rear tire, started watching in my mirror and discovered that tire was not even with the other. It was "bottom out", thus the inside tread was wearing away. I looked at the axle and it didn't look right. Stopped at a repair facility near Bryce Canyon and they confirmed the rear axle was bent. They bent it back a bit with a jack, but said it wouldn't hold. Before I got back to Tulsa, I had to change the tire as the metal was exposed all the way around the inside tread. I called Keystone, who referred me to the dealer I bought it from. That dealer said they don't do axles, and that I should use the extended warranty and go to a frame and axle place. Keystone then referred me to Camper Land, who accepted the job. I was prepared for a battle, as the warranty was within about a month of being expired, although I do think the Dexter Axles may have a longer warranty. Anyway, after about 3 weeks Keystone agreed to replace both axles with heavier duty axles, and they replaced the tire. I couldn't me more pleased with both Keystone and the superb service I got from Camper Land in Tulsa, OK. Kudos to both!
lawdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
labs4life

Great to hear!! Now get back out there and go camping!
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #3
Huskerdude

Just got our 2011 Premier 28rlpr from the alignment shop. Also noticed left rear tire wearing on the inside ,so I took it in. They said all wheels were out of alignment, axles were not bent, but very light.Tech told me they could brace them but they would bend in other places. Told me the spread axles were good for towing but bad for cornering and backing. They also told me one guy had his Bullet in 3 times already this year !!! Looking forward to that !!
Old 09-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
lawdes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskerdude View Post
Just got our 2011 Premier 28rlpr from the alignment shop. Also noticed left rear tire wearing on the inside ,so I took it in. They said all wheels were out of alignment, axles were not bent, but very light.Tech told me they could brace them but they would bend in other places. Told me the spread axles were good for towing but bad for cornering and backing. They also told me one guy had his Bullet in 3 times already this year !!! Looking forward to that !!
that sounds ominous! Keystone went from 3" to 4" axles on mine, so will see how they do. The other tires were fine, just the one. That was due to a bend in the axel that took away the camber (or whatever that's called), and I could actually see it in the axle. By the way....Go Huskers!!! (I'm from Hastings originally...once a Husker, always a Husker, even living in Oklahoma)
lawdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:23 AM   #5
FNG

How to check a les when buying

Hello. Any advice on how to check axles when buying a used trailer? My wife and I are new to this and looking at a used Keystone 20' camper. Thanks!
FNG is offline   Reply With Quote