Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
club325

A/c in Raptor

Has anyone else experienced this. I will soon take delivery of my new Raptor 332ts. An aquaintence of mine bougt a 2014 Raptor 332ts about 4 months ago. On his first trip, his main a/c went out and Keystone authorized the replacement with a new one. He told me that when it was replaced, a 13500 btu had been installed from the factoty. A 15000 is supposed to be standard according to the brochure. Upon my inspection, how will I know that what is up there is a 15000 btu?
club325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:46 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Look at the build sheet. There should be a yellow copy in the owner's packet. It will have everything listed by part number and serial number that is installed in the RV. It will include all items from tires to appliances. Then, compare that build sheet to the actual data plate located on the A/C. It is inside the air box. Remove the inside ducting cover and look up into the air box. You may be able to see the data plate by removing the A/C filter, if not, then remove the entire cover. Remember to take a flashlight with you when you do your PDI.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:20 PM   #3
club325

Took delivery today! It is a 15000 btu. Thanks for the tip. I just need to adjust all of the vents to distribute the air properly hroughout the unit.
club325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:49 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

While you're adjusting the vents, take along a roll of "real duct tape" the aluminum kind with the sticky back and peel off paper. Use it to seal the ducts to the vent stack at every opening. Also check the return air/cold air boxes at the main unit. All manufacturers are notorious for not sealing the A/C distribution system well. If you don't go behind them and reseal it, you'll lose more A/C into the attic than you'll get in the cabin.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote