Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2013, 06:25 AM   #1
DennisT

Slide out lube: is it graphite or what?

I want to lube our Springdale 266RL's slide out metal rack teeth under the TT. I see a lot of slide out lube posts here under, "search," but other than recommendations for Liquid Wrench RV Dry Lube, I cannot find what the lube actually is. I went to NAPA and asked for, "dry lube," in spray can and they handed me spray dry graphite.

So is the Liquid Wrench RV lube graphite? What is it? And/or, what else can I use if I can't get to Wally World for Liquid Wrench....

We live too far from any RV supply source to go shop. But I want to use the right thing. Maybe mail order.

??

Dennis
DennisT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:57 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Dennis, If I remember correctly the Keystone manual (as poor as it is) recommends only cleaning of the slide mechanism and not lubrication. After cleaning I use a "CLEAR" dry silicone spray lube on it and let it dry completely before moving it in or out. Graphite or oil or grease depending on where you put it may stain your carpets as the slide moves in and also will attract dust. Check the online manuals for your slides manufacturer (Lippert, BAL, etc.) and follow their maintenance instructions.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote