Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
Mustange65

Baffled - How do I remove shower curtain

The shower curtains and the privacy drapes in our new 2013 Passport 2650BH hang from plastic channels screwed to the ceiling. We are baffled as to how to remove the little plastic clips that appear to be adhered permanently to the back of the curtains. The clips slide within the plastic channel and we are not able to get them off without damaging the system. Does any one know how to remove these curtains (for cleaning) without unscrewing the entire plastic channel? Thanks!
Mustange65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #2
BulletOwner1

Not sure if I'm interpreting your dilemma correctly but if I do there are devices at the end of the channel possibly holding the end of the curtain in a locked (non sliding) position. These can be loosened and slid off the end of the channel and the rest of the curtain will follow.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
hankaye

Mustange65, Howdy;

Not sure about the plastic stuff but the privacy curtain in my '08 Cougar 278RKS you can slip the curtain off of the hooks.
If you want to take the slides off the track, the eyes at the ends of the track
unscrew from the sliding part.
Don't know if this helps...

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
Kristi

The white clips should be attached to metal snaps that are sewn to the curtain. See my post about bunk bed curtains in the mod section. I used the same hardware, except the strips that attach to the curtain was clothe, not plastic.

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #5
Lmccraw

We installed an extend-a-shower hower curtain rod and left the channel rod in place (you don't notice it now), and I added button holes in the existing curtain so that I could use conventional shower curtain clips. The added space provided by this neat little contraption allows my 6 ft tall husband the ability the enjoy plenty of space in the shower, without the curtain sticking to him. This also allows me to easily replace the curtain.

We fold the rod inside the shower when not in use, and use the rod as a towel rack.

2013 Passport 2650BH GT
Tow vehicle: 2012 Ford Expedition EL
Lmccraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #6
Mustange65

Thanks all. But some newer units do not employ "rod" like a conventional shower curtain at home or some other RV's. This system is a white plastic channel - and closed at each end by the wall itself. There are little clips that slide in this channel back and forth. They seem to be locked into the channel and cannot be removed (I have not figured out how to if they can be.) But I will take another look at the channels to see if there is some kind of "cut out" to slide these clips out. It seems like an insane design to not be able to easily remove the curtains for cleaning or replacement. Also, the channels and clips are sold at sites, but no explanation as to how to use them as is my dilemma.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #7
Mustange65

Thanks Kristi. So am I correct to say that the plastic clips can be unsnapped from the curtain, then replace them by snapping them back on? (I don't want to damage the curtain by pulling the clip off the snap if it cannot be done.)
Old 08-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #8
Mustange65

Solution

I just checked my RV and they do have the Type E tracks and snaps ironed on the tracks. The way I was successful in removing them without damage is:

Using a flat screwdriver, carefully spread the back track lip and clip lip apart, the bottom of the clip comes off the clip and an upward movement takes the clip off the track without damage. You end up with all the clips still attached firmly to the back of the drape. Putting them back on is easy. Just reverse the process, first hooking the top lip and then gently use thumb to push bottom lip onto the bottom track lip. Works great when hot inside the RV since plastic more malleable??
Old 08-02-2013, 04:27 AM   #9
Gee10677

We just bought our first camper and I wanted to wash the curtains n change the shower curtain...I have no clue how to remove them!!! Guess it's off to an RV store lol
Gee10677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:27 AM   #10
audio1der

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmccraw View Post
We installed an extend-a-shower hower curtain rod and left the channel rod in place (you don't notice it now), and I added button holes in the existing curtain so that I could use conventional shower curtain clips. The added space provided by this neat little contraption allows my 6 ft tall husband the ability the enjoy plenty of space in the shower, without the curtain sticking to him. This also allows me to easily replace the curtain.

We fold the rod inside the shower when not in use, and use the rod as a towel rack.
We did exactly the same; it's one of favorite easy, cheap mods that really makes life easier. I'm surprised how solidly I was able to mount the bar using the supplied hardware. Love this mod; well worth a look.
2012 Ram 1500 Sport crew cab, Hemi, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, factory brake controller, S&B CAI w/scoop, Moroso air/oil can, 87mm ported/polished/knife-edged throttle body, Magnaflow exhaust, 180* t-stat, Rear lowered 2", Airlift 1000.
audio1der is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shower curtain