Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2013, 06:29 AM   #1
LI Happy amper

Once again could not be happier with Keystone

Just for a recap of my situation. In February 2010 I purchased a 2010 Keystone Alpine 3500RE. The dealer is 3 hours away from my house. After the initial shake down trip there was a few things that needed to be repaired by my dealer and repairs were completed. During the season I kept track of all other things that needed to be fixed and would have it taken care of at the end of that camping season seeing my dealer is so far away. By the end of the camping season I had noticed alot of front end flexing and seperation on the front of the Alpine. At the end of the season I took the camper back to my dealer to have the flexing and other repairs done. My dealer informed me that the Alpine was going back to Keystone in Indiana to have the flexing and all the other repairs fixed.

The unit was in Indiana from Nov 2010 until February 2011. Keystone gave me some money to pay for my loan while my unit was not able to be in use. On the initial trip of 2011 after getting the unit back from Keystone the same flexing occured again. Soon as the vacation was over I drove straight to my dealer and started the process again of getting the flexing repaired. My dealer forwarded pictures to Keystone of the flexing and seperation. I recieved a phone call from a Keystone manager informing me that he showed the pics to Keystone engineers and it was determined that Alpine could not be satisfactly repaired and Keystone would give me a collateral exchange. Because it was already April of 2011 Keystone had already stopped production of 2011 models and started the 2012 models. I was given the opprtunity by Keystone to change what I wanted on the Alpine including floor plan and decor. I stayed with the Alpine 3500RE but upgraded to the faux leather interior at no cost. In addition Keystone issued me a little more money for my hassles.

So at the time I was two years into my loan with a brand new Alpine with all the new upgrades and cash in my pocket thanks to the gret experience I had with Keystone customer sevice. I do have to say the whole time I was very professional and never yelled or raised my voice. I think that went a long way in what they did for me.

Now to the present. I have the 2012 Keystone Alpine for 2 years now. I was just on the first vacation of the season and had a small leak through the A/C area. Not uncommon and had it repaired. While I was up on the roof I noticed thet the staples that are used to hold the metal wrapping from sidewalls to roof were raising and pushing against the rubber roof and looked like they could push through at any moment. Realizing I have had the unit for 2 years I expected to pay for the repairs out of pocket. To my great surprise Keystone authorized 8 hours of service to repair the roof.

Once again my faith in Keystone is at the highest. Unfortunately on blogs like these people only come to them when they have problems. Like my first visit here. But not often enough does anyone post of the great service they get from Keystone. Well I am here to say and explain I am a happy Keystone customer and will gladly praise them to anyone who asks. We are in the process of looking at toy haulers now to upgrade and have been looking at the Raptors and Fusions knowing if I have any problems I can be confident in Keystone to make the repairs that are needed.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #2
Dhuhn

Good to hear about your good service from Keystone. In any rv manufactor your going to have people who like and those who dont, it like you said in these blogs you mostly hear about the bad experiences, its good to hear postitve experinces from people. Thanks for your post

2016 Montana 3720RL
2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Duromax :

previous
2012 Montana High Country 313RE
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duromax
2010 Palimino Bronco
2005 Chevy Silverado CC 1500
Dhuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
SAABDOCTOR

HI LI Happy camper. Glad to hear about the great service. what you stated was very important! You catch more fly's with honey than lemons. wish more people were like you.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #4
raytronx

Thanks for taking the time to post, it's great to hear.

2011 Keystone Cougar 276RLSWE
1994 Ford F350 7.3L IDI DRW

LoveYourRV.com
raytronx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

LI Happy amper,

Thank you for taking the time to report your positive experiences with Keystone. Often a few people with negative experience "yell louder" than the many who have positive experiences. That gives the impression that things are "worse than they really are"

It's refreshing to hear how well you were treated by Keystone. That has been my experience as well. Although I haven't had any damage or warranty issues with Keystone, I have contacted them a number of times to ask questions or to get a company position on member issues. Each time, I've been received with attentive listening and positive action to answer my questions. It's great to know how far Keystone has gone to make you a "happy amper"

Enjoy your new, "old" camper and if you decide to buy another, here's wishing you the best with it as well.

John

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #6
GaryWT

It is real nice to hear that your dealings went so well. On the other side of the coin, it is a shame that you have gone through so many problems with 2 different trailers. You are looking at it as it all got fixed where many just look at the fact that there was a problem and would dislike Keystone for the problems.

Have a great camping season.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote