Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
Vidorcom

Brand New Fuzion TT with Tow Max

Well Bought this trailer in So. Cal and started towing home. Made it to half moon bay. From there we headed home, just North of Oakland the Tow Max blew out. Now trying to get warranty to cover. 500 miles on brand new tire!

Old 04-03-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
Mike2593

That sucks

Do you know what the tire pressure was when you picked it up? I know I did not check mine when I picked it up.

Was there any other damage? It looks like the wheel is ok.

How was it stopping after the blow out?

My Keystone TT has been at the dealer over a week for warranty repairs so I know how you feel with a new TT and it needs to be fixed.
Mike2593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
Vidorcom

No damage I did check tire pressure with service rep at dealership. I didn't even know there was a blow out....Someone flagged me down. I have airbags on the truck and the diesel runs a constant 1700 Rpm. I was on cruise control about 60 due to high winds.... Im glad that was the only issue but still very upset that it happened, especially on a Sunday with no tools to change the spare, a crabby wife, a two year old boy, and a 11 year old dog.... Ohhh and a hail storm. Willows tow service helped me out within 30 minutes of blowout. The trailer broke his 1 ton jack- He had to use blocks and a Hydr. Jack

Mike what kind of trailer do you have?
Old 04-04-2012, 07:02 AM   #4
Mike2593

Passport

I have a 2012 Passport 245rb. It has the same tire brand as yours. I am wondering if the load rating on these tires is sufficient for the trailer. I will have to check this if I ever get my trailer back from the dealer for warranty repair.

I also noticed a recall on the Keystone website where some underrated axles where install on trailers. But this may have been some older model units.

It is good to hear that the double axle trailer handle well.
Mike2593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:14 AM   #5
allentx1

At least your blow out stayed together. Mine ripped off but stayed on long enough to completely wrap around the axle and ripping brakes lines and destroying the underside of the 5'er. I also did not have proper sized lug wrench (my bad) but was able to make the F250 wrench work, barely. I am really worried now and want to change out the tires. What can we go to?

2011 Avalanche 340TG
2010 Ford F-250 6.4l Power Stroke 2wd
Pullrite auto-slider hitch
Austin Texas area
allentx1 is offline   Reply With Quote