Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
Branky

Adding Lights in pass-thru on my 297RKS

This is more a funny story rather than and "How to" article.
DW and I purchased a new Courgar 297RK Fith last year. On thing I thought was lacking was more light in the passthru and in the front storage area between the landing gear. One light on the curbside of the passthru was all there was.
Now we have owned RV's for 30 years now so I know not to rush in to things. After 9 months and numerous trips, I decided to install a fixture I had left over from previous lighting jobs in the passthru. I mounted it without issue, picked up power from the water / shower box.

I decided I would tackle the storage compartment next. I was looking for the best place and looked up and discovered a light already in the best location! The dealer never mentioned it during the PDI and I never looked hard for a light there.

Oh well, time to sit back, open a libation and chuckle about it. Hope everyone had a great Easter break!

...Brent...
Victoria, BC, Canada
Proudly Rving since 1978
Branky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:14 AM   #2
f6bits

I like your technique: Wish it to happen.

But you do bring up a good point. A light on one end of the passthrough isn’t adequate. It makes me want to start looking for an 8-foot strip of LEDs to hang in there.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
Branky

Well I tried the light at night and the two lights in the passthru are just right. Zero cost 'cause I had the fixture/
I also found a local dealer who sells LED strips by the meter in various number of LED's per meter and various Lumens. Easy to mount, comes with 3M double-sided tape. and the strips are 12 volt. So if you have a low wattage sodering pencil (No 100 watt Weller guns) you can wire it yourself. And you can find it on E-Bay too.
Victoria, BC, Canada
Proudly Rving since 1978
Branky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
funny light