Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2017, 01:02 PM   #1
DebbieLovesCamping

2-Burner Stove Cover

I had been contemplating how to cover our 2-burner stove (when not in use) in order to protect the black paint from being scratched, and also provide us with additional counter top space without spending a lot of money. Here is my solution:

I went to Walmart and bought a thick cookie sheet with 1" high sides--size 20" x 15." I also purchased a roll of shelf covering (I think it was 20" wide?) that was self-gripping with a bumpy pattern (not smooth) in a light brown color (to match the counter top).

I cut one piece of the shelf covering so that it fit flat on the inside of the cookie sheet. (I didn't have to cover along the sides because the larger piece I cut for the back of the cookie sheet took care of that). I cut a longer piece of shelf covering for the back of the cookie sheet that was a few inches longer than the bottom side of the cookie sheet.

Next, I glued the smaller piece of shelf covering onto the inside, flat part of the cookie sheet. Then I glued the larger piece to the back of the cookie sheet. To do this, I folded the shelf covering over the sides and glued it to the side edges all the way around. For the rounded corners, I trimmed the shelf covering so it folded and glued nicely on each corner. I did NOT place any hot glue on the flat back side of the cookie sheet because I didn't want it to have any dried glue "bumps" on it that would make the surface uneven.

Since we mostly cook outdoors anyway I removed both stove knobs and placed them in our silverware drawer. This makes the new stove cover sit even more level!

Attached are photos of our stove, and also the stove cover I made.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Keystone 2-burner stove.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	12361   Click image for larger version

Name:	Keystone stove cover.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	175.5 KB
ID:	12362  
Old 04-22-2017, 01:44 PM   #2
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Congrats, Nice Job! Creative, very well thought thorough
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:13 PM   #3
BuxCamper

Nice idea and job!

-- Mark

I used a multi-billion dollar government satellite navigation system to look for a rubber chicken in a tree!

2017 Bullet 248RKS towed by a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3L V8 W/ AFM
BuxCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:41 PM   #4
66joej

Nice job Debbie. Very creative!

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover