Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2016, 08:36 AM   #1
SS99

Switch panel/stereo location & kids who like to push buttons

Anyone have any stress-free innovative ideas on how to keep my toddlers little hands off my switch panel, and stereo controls? All these trailers have controls way too low. Kid is a button pusher. Being that my trailer is a bunk house, you would think the designers would understand that kids would most likely occupy the trailer. Would really like to relocate both items to higher locations, but the wiring alone would be a nightmare, plus warranty would definitely be killed.

So, I was looking at something like a larger AC Thermostat cover. Something that I would block the switches, while still giving me visibility and access to them without much effort. I don't know if they make something custom for these trailers , but i they do, please let me know. I also am interested in DIY solutions.
SS99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 09:02 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

What do you do in your stick house to "keep [your] toddler's hands off" those switches, buttons, knobs and controls that are within his/her reach? I doubt if those who design RV's give any thought to locating these types of controls to a place where button pushing toddlers can't get at them. Switches for propane and similar types of "ignition" switches --- that's a different matter.

I think parents need to educate their children about the "do's and don'ts" of living in an RV. Maybe not stress-free but who said raising children was free from stress?
Old 05-25-2016, 10:35 AM   #3
kfxgreenie

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...l+cover&page=2

Here's you go!
kfxgreenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:52 AM   #4
SS99

great idea!
SS99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 12:00 PM   #5
Nagrompj

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfxgreenie View Post
Good link!

You should be able to find a matching door to make your own cover here https://www.trekwood.com/replacements. You can put a child safety latch on the door.