Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2016, 08:26 PM   #1
Elk4me

Lippert Ground Control 3.0 Electric 5th Wheel Leveler

Has anyone added this leveling system to thier 2013 Montana Mountaineer 37.5 FLF 5th wheel?
https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jack.../LC358590.html
I have the Lippert frame on my rig and the instruction manual sound easy enough. Threading the wire harness will be the most time consuming I think. I am at the point in my life that I kinda like "easy" and quick set up. I like the idea of being able to re-level if needed without having to hook up to the TV.
We might be eating hot dogs and beans for a while to pay for it.
2011 Open Range Roamer 281FL
2013 Chev Silverado 6.6 Duramax
Elk4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 04:29 AM   #2
SADLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk4me View Post
Has anyone added this leveling system to thier 2013 Montana Mountaineer 37.5 FLF 5th wheel?
https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jack.../LC358590.html
I have the Lippert frame on my rig and the instruction manual sound easy enough. Threading the wire harness will be the most time consuming I think. I am at the point in my life that I kinda like "easy" and quick set up. I like the idea of being able to re-level if needed without having to hook up to the TV.
We might be eating hot dogs and beans for a while to pay for it.
I would be concerned about the weight capacity of those jacks.... Yes it says 20,000 pounds.... But it's also 5,000 per jack.

Being a 4 point system, that means only 2x 5,000 jack lifting rear of RV near axles. My Avalanche has about 10,500 on the axles.

Seems like on a Montana, you'd be about the same weight... Starting out marginal if not already stressing those rear jacks.... I would opt for a 6 point system if possible.
SADLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:42 AM   #3
CaptnJohn

Have it on my Cougar 303 RLS which weighs less than the Montana. Love it, at 68 it is the best thing this old guy ever had on any camper, except maybe a bathroom.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:58 AM   #4
WaltBennett

Don't think I'd try putting that on our '10 3665RE. Like earlier stated, there's not that much capacity (although our max is 15.6k). I replaced our front jacks with Bulldog two motor ones that are rated at 10k each, and they strain a bit lifting at times. What I'd really like is a much better rear stabilizer setup.

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote