Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 07:48 AM   #21
scott24

I never once made any mention to what is normal and what isn't. Too many reading of articles written by people that have never seen all the true life scenarios that can and do happen in the field. I encountered a problem in the field and had an LP company say that what I seen was impossible. After a half hour their so called tech came out and was silenced when he seen what my incoming and outgoing pressures are and the conditions that were present outdoors. And I don't recall saying what can be fixed and what can't. I know the properties of gas and refrigerants. I have national certifications in the HVAC field, which the tests are rather difficult. So until you have worked in the field and seen everything that can and does happen. please don't believe everything little tid bit of info on the net, and try to make me look like a person who doesn't know anything.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:00 AM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFM View Post
In -14 F i left in january in Winter from Quebec to head Florida. My trip went well however I could not use the heat propane at the same time as my propane bbq when it was cold. The dealer told me I need to change my propan pipes and regulator for heavy duty ou winter needs to have bigger psi tubes for the propan demande.

Now can any one help with what kit model to buy, and how to install?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott24 View Post
I never once made any mention to what is normal and what isn't. ...I know the properties of gas and refrigerants. I have national certifications in the HVAC field,..., and try to make me look like a person who doesn't know anything.
Above is the OP's initial comment and question. Through the course of this thread (3 pages now) all the "malfunctions" and "What's broken" comments have veered away from the simple fact that what he is facing is "NORMAL" for any propane system. It is quite clear by his statement that he could use either the heating system or the grill, but not both, that his regulator was not frozen and he did not have problems with water in his propane or in his regulator. Having national certifications in the HVAC field should cause you to realize that it is NORMAL (not a malfunction) for him to experience what he did. I don't think anybody is trying to make anybody look like a person who doesn't know anything. Rather, it's my goal to get the thread back on track for the OP and keep it focused on his question, not all the "other possibilities that might occur if..."

Understanding the unchanging laws of physics relating to how liquids vaporize to their gaseous form is quite simple. It doesn't take national certification in HVAC to be familiar with and comprehend the always constant function of elemental science. The properties of solids/liquids/gasses was taught in my high school, basic college level chemistry and physics classes as well as my upper level and post graduate science classes. Additionally, 40+ years of RV camping in cold weather has taught me the reality of limitations to using propane in cold weather. As well, like you, I live in an area where below zero temperatures are a part of every winter and heating homes with propane leads to experience and knowledge of what breaks and what simply stops working when it's cold. So, I have walked the walk and talked the talk as it relates to a closed propane system and how it functions in cold weather.

However, fixing something that isn't broken and taking 3 pages of thread to say, "it's not broke, you don't need to buy an expensive replacement regulator and install larger gas pipes" is the correct first answer for the OP. Further, if he has this occur again and warming the tanks doesn't solve his gas flow problem, he would be better served seeking the advice of a "real propane expert" at a propane service facility rather than rely on the "expertise" of his RV service facility that wants to change parts that aren't broken.

If you'd like, send me a PM and we can discuss this in as much detail as you prefer.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 03-21-2015, 10:16 AM   #23
scott24

Then simply say this post is veering off course. Isn't that the idea of a forum...to have people comment and get their 2 cents in? Don't belittle the last person to make a post. Pretty simple. Even a Super Moderator can figure that out. And there's no need to cut and paste. We know what was said. And no need to use bold and colored type. That's the same as yelling at someone.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:19 AM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

Thread closed, argumentative posts aren't helping with the OP's question which has already been answered.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Closed Thread