Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2015, 03:32 PM   #1
Mikris08

Looking at the cougar 336

I m new to rv world I m looking at the Cougar line of fifth wheels any suggestion or help would be great.
Mikris08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 03:49 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

It might help our members provide you with better suggestions if they knew what you will be towing it with. There are many 5th wheel models that are not suitable for towing with a 1/2T and others may need a 1T.

If you have a truck, then let us know what it is that you have.

Thanks
Old 02-27-2015, 05:34 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Festus2 is right on target. There are a couple of current threads pertaining to 3/4 tons not having enough payload to safely tow a 5th wheel. What your tow vehicle is is the key to what you can pull in a 5th wheel (or most anything else).

By the way I see it's your first post.....Welcome to the forum!!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:51 PM   #4
440justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikris08 View Post
I m new to rv world I m looking at the Cougar line of fifth wheels any suggestion or help would be great.
Do you have any questions you are trying to answer, RVing is a pretty broad topic.

If you don't have the truck yet you are free to pick any fifth wheel you like and buy a truck to match. If you already have the truck then load it with people, fuel, and anything else you think would be in your truck on a trip and head to your local CAT scale and see how much you weigh. This will let you know how much pin and hitch weight you can have to work with. This might limit your fifth wheel search.