Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2014, 06:06 PM   #1
MurfJon

Unhappy Water leak please help!

So, we have recently had water leaks in our 329 rls. I noticed it as the rains we were having ceased. So I pulled the the bottom covers off up toward the tanks thinking that's where it was coming from. Now I have found water in the carpet where the bathroom linoleum meets the hallway carpet. I won't have time to time year into it until Sunday. I was just looking for any insight before I got in there. Any info would be helpful. It appears as it's coming from the direction of the sink.
MurfJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:25 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Rainy weather may or may not have anything to do with your leak. I would look under the bath sink, plenty of plumbing joints that can be suspect.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 02:16 AM   #3
outwest

without knowing more, it could be coming from lots of places. On our trailer, the toilet sprung a leak in the valve that's on the top of the toilet. Whenever we'd flush, water would leak onto the floor. There's also the valve in the black tank flush system that's prone to busting and leaking (especially when the factory accidentally installs it backwards or you forget to winterize your black tank flush line), the water lines going to the sink, toilet, and tub/shower, and the drain lines for all of the aforementioned. Since it's coming from the direction of the sink, I'd do like chuckster suggested and start under the sink area. I'd check the lines to the sink faucet (connections to faucet, any T's or splices, etc), the faucet itself (might even only be leaking when faucet turned on), and the sink drain line.

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 02:06 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

x2 on the above suggestions. Took our unit in for warranty work and then took it on a trip. They had to redo some of the plumbing when it was repaired. Got up the first morning and the carpet in the bedroom was soaked. When they worked on the water lines they failed to tighten the incoming fresh water fitting and it was dripping on the floor under the sink and on into the bedroom. I don't know about your unit but mine has LOTS of connections under the bathroom sink.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 06:19 PM   #5
MurfJon

Smile Found the problem.

I just wanted to start by thinking everyone for their input and help. The leak was coming from the bottom side of the gray water tank. It appears to have been leaking for quite sometime, being parked on a paved spot recently just made it noticeable. It appears that the cross member below the tank has rubbed a hole in it and that caused the leak. I hope these finding may help someone in he future.

Happy Camping

-Murf
MurfJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 08:31 PM   #6
Festus2
Site Team

[QUOTE=MurfJon;154170] Now I have found water in the carpet where the bathroom linoleum meets the hallway carpet.QUOTE]

If the leak that was found is at the bottom of your gray water tank, I am wondering how that leak would cause "water in the carpet" in the area that you described.

The leak and resulting dripping water is quite a ways below the level of the interior flooring and carpeting.........
Old 12-15-2014, 04:05 AM   #7
notanlines

I also wondered the same thing as Festus. I'm not certain one relates to the other. I probably wouldn't stop my search for the real leak.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 05:12 AM   #8
tdawg

When I look for a water leak I start at the highest point and work my way down.everything runs downhill
tdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:34 AM   #9
outwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
I also wondered the same thing as Festus. I'm not certain one relates to the other. I probably wouldn't stop my search for the real leak.
Ditto. Even if the grey is leaking, if the inside of the trailer was wet (carpet and/or floor) there's another one somewhere.

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leaks, water