Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2014, 11:31 AM   #1
littleking

Just purchased a Springdale 295RBSSR

hey guys, just purchased a Springdale 295RBSSR last week, when we went to pick up the camper, we were told that there were several things that were going to need to be fixed and that we would need to bring it back for service (broken fenders, one of the burners on the stove won't light, etc, etc.)

They said this is normal with any new camper purchase. What are your thoughts?
littleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:40 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

It is normal for things like that to be wrong, but it is not normal for the dealer to deliver the rig knowing those things are not repaired. Usually, they will do the PDI, repair anything that is broken or needs repair, then deliver the unit. As for the specialty items like the fender, it would need to be special ordered and may take several weeks or even months to get to the dealer, so that might be an exception.

All the others should have been repaired before delivery. When you take it back in, make certain you get a firm "pick up" date.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:15 PM   #3
therink

Personally (Learning via trial and error), iI would have done my own pdi and expected these things be fixed before I signed for delivery and pulled off the lot. As long as you have a honest dealer that will actually fix these items without any drama or delays, you should be alright. I would recommend downloading the pdi Form available in the sticky section of this forum and going through everything on the list either before you use it or on the first trip. If you find any other items needing repair/adjustment, etc., you can get all things addressed or repaired when you bring the unit back for the known items and save yourself a trip.
In most cases it is best to have the dealer fix any items of concern while you still have his undivided attention (before you take delivery). Since this is not the case, make sure you document any other issues found (there will likely be some) and make sure they are fixed to your satisfaction.
Good luck and congratulations.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:53 AM   #4
littleking

I was incredibly surprised that I was paying on a loan for a piece of equipment that I don't have possession of, because they did not do a walkthrough yet.

They said they do not do the walkthroughs until someone purchases the trailer from them
Old 06-16-2014, 05:27 PM   #5
oldfireman47

I have the exact same Springdale but I didn't have any problems like that upon delivery. One thing I will tell you to look out for is the slide leaking at the bottom of the end walls next to the couch on one end and the dining table on the other. If you have this problem, just let me know and I'll give you the simple fix. Took mine to the dealer several times and they were unable to fix it. I finally figured it out and now I have no leaks.
oldfireman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #6
littleking

I can't say that I've ever been this upset... I'm ready to take this camper back and walk away from it.

So i've had this camper 4 months now... and its been in the shop 6 weeks out of
those four months...

March 29th – Purchased Camper April 4th - Picked up Camper – Found list of
several broken items during walk through. Originally told repairs would be made
at camp grounds when we camped at Alum Creek State Park by Noah, the sales guy.
That was then withdrawn as an option for repair after talking to the service
department.

April 7th
Email sent to Keystone, advising of how unhappy I am, they assured me that I should just take it back to my dealer for warranty work.

May 12 – RO Number 11576 Dropped Camper off for service of items on list from
RCD walk through with the addition of:
- no water pressure
- bedroom door kept coming off track
- cupboard door above inside kitchen sink- chipped
- under belly door – did not close correctly
- cupboard door on outside kitchen – warped
- vent knob in bathroom fell off
- shower screws rusting, stained shower
- lug nuts rusting
- hub caps rusing
- tongue jack keeps coming loose
- I had them install a slide topper.

May 22- Picked up camper following items still not completed:
- no water pressure
- vent knob in bathroom fell off
- shower screws sticking up, door would no longer close on shower
- lug nuts rusting
- hub caps rusting
- siding dented/decal torn off from initial deliver, still not fixed

July 16th – Dropped camper off for service for the following:
- no water pressure
- shower screws sticking up, door would no longer close on shower
- lug nuts rusting
- hub caps rusing
- siding dented/decal torn off from initial deliver, still not fixed
- slide top broken already
- black water tank showed 2/3 full all the time
- Noticed a screw poking out through the side of the camper above the underbelly storage on the drivers side, 1/8" hole in the siding

At this point I complained about crappy service, the blamed it on a problematic employee who was let go.

July 31
Called for status update on repairs. Status rec’d per Josh is as follows:
- Black tank sensor – lose wire
- Shower Door – Door was adjusted
- repaired Slide Out Awning
– Repaired Water Pressure

I was also told that:
- Outdoor water pressure – need to order parts
- Siding/decals – have measurements need to submit for warranty and order parts.
- Doors – have measurements need to submit for warranty and order parts

At this point I asked why they didn't order the parts when I dropped it off on the 16th! They could not answer...
I called back and spoke to Scott Baker – was told it would be done by Wedneday
August 6th.

Aug 5th
RCD calls to tell me that the siding they received was 1" too short and that the exterior cabinet door would not be in until the 18th.
I called keystone again, explained the situation, they asked why I wanted till now to contact them, I explained that I felt blow off by Keystone. The guy from Keystone said he would be calling RCD. I asked if he would be getting back to me, he said sure and took down my contact info.
I leave for a scheduled camping trip this friday, still with a 1/8" hole in my siding that leaks water in.

Mind you, it's 45 miles round trip to take this camper in for service
Old 08-05-2014, 05:53 PM   #7
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleking View Post
I leave for a scheduled camping trip this friday, still with a 1/8" hole in my siding that leaks water in.

Mind you, it's 45 miles round trip to take this camper in for service
littleking -
As a temporary fix, take some caulking and fill the small hole in the siding so that water can't get in. I realize this isn't the repair that should be done, but at least it will get you on the road and to your camping destination.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:44 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Littleking,

You just documented the issues you're having in a factual and readable format. Copy it into a word document, print 3 copies, hand deliver one copy to the general manager of your dealership the next time you're there. Call to be sure he will be available and hand him the copy of what you posted here. Let him read it and listen to his response. That will help you determine whether to continue your relationship with that dealer.

Send the second copy to Keystone and ask them to please help you resolve your issues. Tell them in your letter what the GM of the dealership told you. If it's all BS, then factually and professionally tell Keystone how you feel.

Keep the third copy to deliver to the BBB if you're not satisfied with Keystone's response.

I do partially blame you for some of the issues. If you read any advice given here to new owners, it's "DON'T SIGN THE PAPERWORK UNTIL YOU'RE SATISFIED". That apparently didn't happen. Don't let it get you down, but realize that because of the manner in which you took delivery, you're behind the power curve and will have to share the burden of getting this darned thing in the condition you expect.

Good Luck.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:16 PM   #9
Ken / Claudia

Anyone tells me they will come to my home, campsite, where ever to fix something I am buying. I have a answer, I was born but, not yesterday. This current trailer had issuses I found and some the salesman showed me. We could have left it but, they where minor and had a appointment listing all problems and a sevice date before we signed and took it off the lot.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote