Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2021, 03:42 PM   #1
vampress_me

May I be allowed to stay?

Over the past 7 years I have learned a bunch from everyone on here, going from only ever tent camping with hubby years ago to jumping into our fifth wheel as our first camper. Due to what I have learned, we have camped from Montana to New York State and all in between, and managed to keep the Cougar in one piece, upright, and all that good stuff. Plus, been able to make a bunch of great memories with our kiddos (although, I’m not sure I’m allowed to call them kiddos anymore since they are 20 and almost 18 - yikes!)

So, I want to say thank you to everyone on here who has taught me what I know about campers. You have no idea how much that has helped me not to panic in some circumstances! And, to ask everyone if I will be allowed to stay, to learn even more, even though we traded in our Cougar X-Lite last Friday for a new camper. (I really hope whomever buys it gets an much enjoyment out of it as we did.) We are now the proud owners of an Alliance Paradigm 340RL. And, yikes, it seems big to me! Now, hopefully I keep this one in one piece, upright, and all that good stuff over the next years of travels. And, hope it treats us as good as our Cougar did.

Will I be allowed to stay? I swear if I have to I will only lurk and keep my smart comments to myself!

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 03:49 PM   #2
notanlines

Lynette, I have made reference to you and women like you over the past years (Yes, as being very capable and knowledgeable) and I certainly hope you will continue to stay. We have few enough women here and brand has nothing to do with it!
And congrat's on the addition!
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 04:18 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Yes you may stay as long as you would like

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 04:25 PM   #4
wborisenok

I hope you stay! Us ladies seem to be few and far between, we gotta mix it up!
wborisenok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 05:30 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Lynette I have enjoyed your comments and posts. We all learn from each other and most things on an RV carry across lines. I would encourage you to stay and post away - smart comments include....they are appreciated.

That Alliance is an nice unit and congrats! I figure it won't take you one trip and you will have it down and then the REAL fun begins. Keep traveling; keep having fun...and keep us up on that Alliance!
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 05:48 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Lynette,

That is one beautiful fifth wheel !!! Congratulations on the upgrade from your Cougar XLite. I think you're going to have a ball towing that thing. And, just to be clear, it's only 5'11" longer than your 28RDB. So, don't let the "yikes it's big" dampen your enthusiasm to get out on the road and enjoy your new trailer.

As for staying around here, you're more than welcome to hang out with us. Heck, you're almost one of the "originals" and if you weren't a lady, I'd add "geezer" to that handle...

We look forward to seeing some photos of your new rig and don't forget to include some assessments of how it compares to your Cougar as well....

Again, congratulations and keep your membership, you're one of the gang !!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 06:14 PM   #7
flybouy
Site Team

Hyang out and keep commenting! No need to go away just because you no longer own a Keystone.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 06:44 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Hyang out and keep commenting! No need to go away just because you no longer own a Keystone.
Truth be told, the Alliance brand is relatively new and they "robbed/sweet talked" almost all of their management team away from other manufacturers in the Elkhart/Goshen area... There's a bunch of familiar names and faces on their team that I recognize from the Keystone website....

So, sitting in that pretty new 340RL, I'd suspect Lynette will see a lot of "familiar things" that come from the "roots of her Cougar XLite".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 06:11 PM   #9
vampress_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Truth be told, the Alliance brand is relatively new and they "robbed/sweet talked" almost all of their management team away from other manufacturers in the Elkhart/Goshen area... There's a bunch of familiar names and faces on their team that I recognize from the Keystone website....

So, sitting in that pretty new 340RL, I'd suspect Lynette will see a lot of "familiar things" that come from the "roots of her Cougar XLite".....
You are more correct than you know John! Yes, they are a new company, but they definitely have experiences from the other brands. And, part of the reason we chose the 340 is because of some of the features of our Cougar I would not live without, and they translated the best in the 340 versus the one other Paradigm we looked at. So I can feel somewhat at home.

Thank you everybody for the kind words. I appreciate the family here so much! And would happily wear the hat of “old geezer” (or is it just geezer?).

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 08:35 PM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampress_me View Post
You are more correct than you know John! Yes, they are a new company, but they definitely have experiences from the other brands. And, part of the reason we chose the 340 is because of some of the features of our Cougar I would not live without, and they translated the best in the 340 versus the one other Paradigm we looked at. So I can feel somewhat at home.

Thank you everybody for the kind words. I appreciate the family here so much! And would happily wear the hat of “old geezer” (or is it just geezer?).

I'm not sure if the moniker "geezer" works for a lady but you can have it if you want it. Now, I don't think you're an "old" geezer yet. Your kiddos are 20 and almost 18......my youngest grandgirls are 20 and 22 and my oldest grandson is 32 so "old geezer" might be a few more years out. Glad to have you hanging out with us.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote