Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2020, 01:45 PM   #21
+Ruff Rider
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
I don't see it as "jumping on " anyone. If you insist on posting erroneous information that it will be noted and disputed. The wonderful thing about opinions and everyone has one. I'd venture to say there are many here of the opinion that you are demonstrating the "brick wall" facade far more.

Now that we have opinions out of the way let's speak to facts. If someone says the sky is green when it's blue then that doesn't make it green. We all stop at red lights because that's the law and that's what's safe. If you run a red light and get a ticket try telling the judge that you don't think red lights are real and you see only green lights.

If you choose to ignore the truth than that's your choice and you mustn't complain about the consequences. If not compromising on attempting to educate someone on the sisks of towing beyond a truck's certified capability is considered being a brick wall then I guess I'm a brick wall and proud of it.

I'd rather have someone upset with me for daring to make them think about what they are towing and the weight limits of their tow vehicle as apposed to upsetting their sensitivity. If I read one, just one viable, rational argument for towing overweight than maybe I'd reconsider.
Who made you the smartest man in the world?
I want some of what your smoking'
Like i said in my other post. I went to talk to a guy that does this stuff every day and he backed me up. So all this BAD information is coming from you.
+Ruff Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 01:48 PM   #22
B-O-B'03

I bought the same air bags and the wireless one on-board compressor.

After I was done with the installation I pumped them up to 50 PSI, sprayed then with soapy water, left them for a few hours and when I checked back they were still at 50 PSI.

The wireless one fob has two easy settings and I have one for trailer hooked and one for no trailer (which is the minimum 5 PSI setting).

It has not leaked since I installed it, so that make me think you have a leak someplace.

As stated, dawn and water makes a very good leak detector.

-Brian
Old 07-07-2020, 01:58 PM   #23
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by +Ruff Rider View Post
Who made you the smartest man in the world?
I want some of what your smoking'
Like i said in my other post. I went to talk to a guy that does this stuff every day and he backed me up. So all this BAD information is coming from you.
Now you are clearly trolling. If you choose to continue this childish banter then I urge you to do so in a private message.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 05:11 PM   #24
bosscat800

I have Airlift on two of my vehicles. Great product and great service and warranty!Lifetime on everything 3except the compressor! I have never had an issue with them leaking!
bosscat800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 07:34 AM   #25
bbells

For people who are using the original tubing. Here is what solved my leak problem. Redo all hose connections. 1) Recut the end of all the hoses. Do not use a razor blade or exacto knife. Use a dog nail clipper and rotate the hose while cutting. 2) Use your soap water to clean the last inch of the hose. 3) Press the hose back into the valve very hard, then pull out to lock it in. 4) Put 50 pounds of air in the bags, then spray with a think solution of soapy water. Windex will not work. 5) Look at the connection for a couple minutes. Any leaks will create very small bubbles. You should only need to add air every couple months.
bbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 08:22 AM   #26
flybouy
Site Team

Buy a tubing cutter and do it right. They typically cost $7-$8.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tubing_CutterL.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	28613  
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 09:33 AM   #27
gordo

Air Bags

I have had Airlift bags for nearly 20 years.

Lots of good advise, but here is the big one...

If you bags were installed by the selling dealer, they have a lifetime warranty!

Go back to the installer, and get it fixed...If he gives you any static, Call airlift...
gordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 11:37 AM   #28
snaketigre

Hi there, I had the same issue at the end pf last summer and the fix is to get rid of those quick connect....how I found the leak was by crawling under the truck and moving the tubing that connects to the quick connect. If I did not move the tubing no leak. Hence I got some copper fittings where you can use the copper ring and with the nut compress it and leakage resolved.
snaketigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 12:39 PM   #29
apachewolf

Thumbs up AIR BAGS or NOT

I looked at the airbags and did not like to have to adjust the pressure depending on how and what I was going to tow. I found something called Roadmaster https://activesuspension.com/ bought them and installed them. Now when I tow I don't have to adjust air pressure and when I am done towing I can just use the truck as always. I don't feel the added springs. And I don't have to worry about the airbags rupturing or leaking. Besides depending on the rubber used I would be careful using vaseline. IF I had to use anything I would probably go with Silicone grease.

Just my 2cents

Happy camping.
apachewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 04:25 PM   #30
McRod

I have the airlift 7500XL on my dually. It's at 5psi with no load and 45 psi loaded with 5vr. Never leaks. I installed. Clean flush cuts are critical. Use soapy water and check for leaks at every connection from the compressor to air bags to the valve stems. Should not leak.
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 04:59 PM   #31
thefulminator

I've been using airlift bags purchased from etrailer on my 2009 Silverado since 2013. Since then I've had three of them start leaking and have been given free replacements by Airlift. I just contacted customer service, answered a few questions and they sent the replacements out right away. One of their CS guys told me they've had problems with bad crimps on the seals at the ends of the bags so they are used to giving replacements under the lifetime limited warranty.

We all bleed Orange and Black, GO BEAVS
thefulminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 04:11 PM   #32
rodgebone

I run the Air Lift LoadlLifter 5000 Ultimate Plus #89375 with SS lines and internal jounces. never had a leak even after 2 straight weeks of use. which model are you running? some 5000s dont have internal jounces so maybe your trailer is overloading the bags or maybe the lines (if not SS)? Id be checking again under load with a different soap for the tell tale bubbles which are certainly there because you most certainly have a BIG leak somewhere.

Tags
leak