Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2020, 11:09 AM   #21
ubetcha

When I first started my career as an auto tech ,vehicles still had carburetors. An oldtimer told me when I had trouble getting a fuel filter housing loose on a carb was to first tighten it slightly. If it moves when tightening, it should loosen.
ubetcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:12 PM   #22
flybouy
Site Team

Google makes it easy. https://www.etrailer.com/question-251393.html
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:20 PM   #23
larryflew

Now that you got that done check the one in your house if its more than a few years old. Little harder to flush but should be done and especially on electrics.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:26 AM   #24
05Fatboy

Good job on getting it out . I used Teflon tape on the first couple units I had then switched to to a Teflon pipe dope that I've using for the past 30 years, it seals good and makes it easy to take out every year when winterizing.
05Fatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 06:29 AM   #25
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryflew View Post
Now that you got that done check the one in your house if its more than a few years old. Little harder to flush but should be done and especially on electrics.
From my experience residential water heaters have a hose bib and valve (like the one on the outside of the house) for flushing/draining. Connect a garden hose, stick it into a sink or bathtub and open it up. If you drain it outside make sure no children or pets can get near it and be cognisant of what your draining it on as you can flood plants and do damage.

Anodes on most residential water heaters mount on the top of the tank. In most situations it will be too long too fully extract because of the ceiling restriction. You need a hacksaw to cut it to remove it and hold on to the anode below the cut so it doesn't fall in, vice gripes work well. The replacement anodes are made in a form that looks like a string of sausages to enable the reinsertion.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 07:26 AM   #26
mikz86ta

Just did ours. 2016 unit as well. Head looked rusted but it wasn't seized. Took more effort than I wanted to break loose but once it broke loose it came out fine. No damage. There's Teflon sealer on the threads
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, water, water heater