Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2020, 01:56 PM   #1
Keystoned

4A 1076 light bulb

After searching the entire forum for LED replacements for these, I saw that most of the threads are a few years old, and am now confused.
I see many are available on amazon and ebay, I prefer amazon (prime member).
These are for over the dining table and the old ones turn the converter on immediately as opposed to when running practically all the other LEDs, very power hungry they are...
Seems there might be some replacements that won't work for this?
Anybody have a good example that has lasted very long?
Warm, white, or cool?
Old 03-08-2020, 02:25 PM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

The "warm white" or "cool" has nothing to go with durability. They are the "color" of the light emitted expressed in a k (Kelvin) number. The higher the number the more "blue" the light is.

As for longevity that's a tough one as I may use my light 3 hrs/year and you could use your's for 30 hrs/year. I'd suggest reading the customer feed back to get a sense for how well they might perform.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 02:53 PM   #3
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keystoned View Post
Anybody have a good example that has lasted very long?
Warm, white, or cool?
LEDs work like most electronics -- if they don't die almost immediately ("infant mortality") they run a long, long time. One of the few market segments where warranties actually work like they should.

As for the colors, my experience is that the yellower the light, the higher the price. The high-K bluish ones that are easiest to make, make your rig look like a spaceship and many people (especially women) hate them. It costs more to make them yellower, but those are much more popular. Your local home improvement store may have one of those displays where you can compare the light from LED bulbs of various temperatures, those can help you make an informed decision.
Old 03-08-2020, 03:42 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

You might try these: https://www.amazon.com/SRRB-Performa...7-catcorr&th=1 If you notice, a pack of 2 is $12 and a pack of 4 is $15, so depending on how "thrifty you are" it might be worthwhile to buy a couple of spares now rather than later....

These are 2.5 watt/400 lumen LED's. Temperature range is around 4000K, which is slightly "whiter" than typical incandescent bulbs (warm yellow glow) but not as "white" as the "cool white" florescent tubes".

Note that there are two contacts on the base of the bulb, they are "polarity sensitive, so if they don't work in your socket, turn them around.

Also, they are 12/24 VDC, so they will work well with your converter/charger output when on shore power and with your battery when dry camping.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:33 PM   #5
Keystoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
You might try these: https://www.amazon.com/SRRB-Performa...7-catcorr&th=1 If you notice, a pack of 2 is $12 and a pack of 4 is $15, so depending on how "thrifty you are" it might be worthwhile to buy a couple of spares now rather than later....

These are 2.5 watt/400 lumen LED's. Temperature range is around 4000K, which is slightly "whiter" than typical incandescent bulbs (warm yellow glow) but not as "white" as the "cool white" florescent tubes".

Note that there are two contacts on the base of the bulb, they are "polarity sensitive, so if they don't work in your socket, turn them around.

Also, they are 12/24 VDC, so they will work well with your converter/charger output when on shore power and with your battery when dry camping.
Thanks, those look about right. The fixture uses 3 lamps, but that might be too bright, we'll have to see. Can always leave one or two out if so...
Old 03-09-2020, 05:30 AM   #6
+Ruff Rider
Gone Traveling

If you want a more natural light the 2700K light is the ticket. I had the 4000K and way to white and not natural.
+Ruff Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 06:21 AM   #7
Keystoned

I was hoping for more input for replacements, with web links, people have actually used recently and are happy with, especially for a year or more. I got burned once on a pair of led switchbacks for my car that only lasted a few months and they were not cheap. Went back to original bulbs after the seller bailed on them...
I'm not sure what color temp is on the rest of the lights in my 5W, but I don't have a problem with it. This 5W is kind of dark inside anyway.
Old 03-09-2020, 03:16 PM   #8
+Ruff Rider
Gone Traveling

Thats the reason i posted if you want the yellow looking lights you need 2700K
Link https://www.amazon.com/Bayonet-Conta...3795608&sr=8-7
More https://www.amazon.com/Bayonet-Conta...795687&sr=8-24
Here is the main page https://www.amazon.com/s?k=12+volte+...ref=nb_sb_noss
+Ruff Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 06:14 AM   #9
Keystoned

Thanks, I will check them out.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:48 AM   #10
Keystoned

The one's John linked to came in and look just fine. Have not used them at night yet...
Old 03-15-2020, 08:18 AM   #11
Campermike

I bought kohree brand replacements from Amazon and although expensive they work really well and the color is as advertised.
Campermike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light