Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2020, 12:29 PM   #1
Summergirl

Questions - flooring

Just trying to wrap my head around why I have water damage on the underside along one side of the trailer (passenger front to back) and 2/3 of the driver side (1/3 from the front to the back).
The worst of the wetness appears to be around the stair area but dampness is along the whole way from the frame rails to outer edge. Haven’t cut back coroplast to check on other side of rails yet.
I have cut back the Darco covering to see the extent of the damage.
No apparent water damage to the inside of walls and flooring. Cargo areas dry as well.

History of trailer
Premier Bullet 22RBPR
Build date Jan 29 2018
Purchased from original owners before warranty expired and transferred warranty. However didn’t notice underside until reading this forum and checked it out when the weather got better.

Questions:

Source of leaks?

If the Darco is wrapped around the side edges where would be the most logical point of entry of leak.
Would the leak be from all the unsealed bolts that go through it? Including the apron screws?
Would the leak be from the top side going down the walls? If that is the case would I see damage to the inside as well?
How far once the water got in would it radiate out or along?

I am debating if I should proceed taking this to the dealer and spending x amount of money to have this a possible (but not likely) warranty. Structure warranty. The original dealer is 6 hrs away. Be without our trailer for an entire summer to have it sit on a dealership lot for months on end waiting. It is a shame as this unit was originally purchased Oct 19, 2018. Has seen very little use, still smells new. Been covered most of its life by both the original owner and ourselves.

Or find the source of leak and dry it out and seal it up as the damage is more surface at this point and just live with it. Add some supports via aluminum angle iron for structure.

Any thoughts.....advice.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	42DED6B2-434E-41AB-B2E1-C1DED369DA3D.jpeg
Views:	263
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	25368

Name:	88701BD2-BE1B-489B-BDF2-CDE69A5E533E.jpeg
Views:	267
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	25369

Name:	F0626195-3BDA-433A-A7D6-1E7CE6DF6927.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	25370

Name:	58150B23-33DE-4FD3-9CF6-F2BF5166A35B.jpeg
Views:	252
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	25371
Old 03-05-2020, 06:21 AM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

I would take it in to be looked at, at the very least. There are a couple of threads going on right now aboutcsimilqr issues. Keystone is replacing some floors it appears. Any inquiry with Keystone will gave to start with the dealer. I'd show them the threads on here to give some guidance on how or where to start with Keystone

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 08:53 PM   #3
Summergirl

I have sent pictures to the dealer as it is very far away from us. 6 hrs over a mountain pass that seems that spring won’t come soon enough. This was the original selling dealer. They have filed a warranty claim with Keystone and we shall see what is the outcome from that. It will depend on how the claim is filed. This dealer has had a few returns for the exact same problem. Some were warranty some not. Not sure how long it takes but we shall see.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:26 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summergirl View Post
I have sent pictures to the dealer as it is very far away from us. 6 hrs over a mountain pass that seems that spring won’t come soon enough. This was the original selling dealer. They have filed a warranty claim with Keystone and we shall see what is the outcome from that. It will depend on how the claim is filed. This dealer has had a few returns for the exact same problem. Some were warranty some not. Not sure how long it takes but we shall see.

A dealer can "file" a warranty claim and then they can "FILE" a warranty claim. Just had this conversation this afternoon with the finance manager as we were purchasing our new trailer. He was instrumental in relieving a person who was not competent in filing a claim as it should be (worded) to assure a complete review by Keystone. I've had that happen as well in the past and had that person removed and Keystone's decision reversed. Know your issues; know what they are supposed to file THEN tell them you want to see the submission they made to Keystone...it might surprise you.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 05:24 PM   #5
Summergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
A dealer can "file" a warranty claim and then they can "FILE" a warranty claim. Just had this conversation this afternoon with the finance manager as we were purchasing our new trailer. He was instrumental in relieving a person who was not competent in filing a claim as it should be (worded) to assure a complete review by Keystone. I've had that happen as well in the past and had that person removed and Keystone's decision reversed. Know your issues; know what they are supposed to file THEN tell them you want to see the submission they made to Keystone...it might surprise you.
I hear you on this. I spoke with operations manager again today to see what all the steps were that they take. It will be interesting on what they sent. How ever I sent pictures of it sealed and cut. The over torqued bolts on the wall in the uncut pictures. He indicated that it takes about 5-7 working days to hear back. We shall see.
Old 04-17-2020, 12:05 PM   #6
Summergirl

I am happy to announce that after taking it to the dealer and them sending in more pictures etc, Keystone stepped up to the plate and has decided to return it to the plant to have the floor replaced with the new floor.

This will take place in the fall after camping season if we get to camp.
Old 04-17-2020, 12:38 PM   #7
Northofu1

Awesome news, Congrats!

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 02:02 PM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summergirl View Post
I am happy to announce that after taking it to the dealer and them sending in more pictures etc, Keystone stepped up to the plate and has decided to return it to the plant to have the floor replaced with the new floor.

This will take place in the fall after camping season if we get to camp.
That is awesome news! Congrats on getting it taken care of.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 03:30 PM   #9
wiredgeorge

With all the owners coming onto the forum and threatening lawyer attacks on Keystone and wanting owners to band together in some sort of disgruntled consumer union, it is a breath of fresh air to hear a success story!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 04:07 PM   #10
notanlines

Good on ya, girl! A real breath of fresh air.
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor