Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2020, 05:26 AM   #1
rhagfo

Latest on Oregon State PRks

This is the latest on Oregon SP.

The state park system will remain closed after May 8. Overnight and other reservations will be automatically cancelled until at least after May 25. We’re working daily on plans to re-open some parks for daytime visits as soon as it’s safe to do it, but we don’t have dates yet. Camping will restart after day-use. It’ll all happen when we can meet health goals and our neighbor communities are ready. When we do start to open, things will be a bit different to protect you, our staff and volunteers, and the park. Stay safe, and see you soon! Visit https://oregonstateparks.org/index.c...&articleId=272 for the latest information as it becomes available. #ORstateparked #stayhomesavelives
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 07:24 AM   #2
Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
This is the latest on Oregon SP.

The state park system will remain closed after May 8. Overnight and other reservations will be automatically cancelled until at least after May 25. We’re working daily on plans to re-open some parks for daytime visits as soon as it’s safe to do it, but we don’t have dates yet. Camping will restart after day-use. It’ll all happen when we can meet health goals and our neighbor communities are ready. When we do start to open, things will be a bit different to protect you, our staff and volunteers, and the park. Stay safe, and see you soon! Visit https://oregonstateparks.org/index.c...&articleId=272 for the latest information inas it becomes available. #ORstateparked #stayhomesavelives
I did read the total link... what I took away was the word "we" (the Governor) was used multiple times! Did not see any words or quotes from our Medical teams or their advice! If this situation is because of medical issues would that not be important?

We do (did) have the first two weeks (June) reserved at Champoeg State Park...will see!

My comments are in no way directed at you rhagfo… thank you for posting the information.

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 01:07 PM   #3
notanlines

To both of you. DW and I are in no way highly experienced in Oregon camping, but I can tell you that we spent a few nights at Crescent RV Park three years ago and were very happy with the experience. Now that I think about it, we probably spent a night in almost all the parks up and down Highway 97 in Oregon. We laugh when we talk about our ride up to Crater Lake one day and stopped for gas on the way back. We waited for the attendant and he was a no-show. When I went in to get him he said "Oh no, we don't EVER gas bikes. They wouldn't allow THAT!" We had a big laugh and told him that wasn't our style but that we would go ahead and do it as long as nobody got any 'personal parts' in the wringer.
Man, we love Oregon!
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 06:18 AM   #4
Alpine

The latest word from the State Parks website.... is "they" are looking at May 20th as the earliest possible open. That would be nice!

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 03:09 PM   #5
Fishsizzle

Opening up a bit

https://ktvz.com/news/coronavirus/2020/05/05/some-oregon-state-parks-other-rec-areas-reopening-to-day-use-with-limited-access/
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote