Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2010, 12:01 PM   #1
Stressed

Any Success with Keystone?

I am wondering if anyone has had any success working with Keystone?

If you purchased one of there trailers and received a LEMON, did they offer you a NEW Trailer? If so, can you tell me your story?
So far we have been offered to have the trailer repaired and items replaced at one of there manufacturing plants.

Thanks!
Stressed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:30 PM   #2
Tow/Haul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stressed View Post
I am wondering if anyone has had any success working with Keystone?

If you purchased one of there trailers and received a LEMON, did they offer you a NEW Trailer? If so, can you tell me your story?
So far we have been offered to have the trailer repaired and items replaced at one of there manufacturing plants.

Thanks!
Some details on your situation would be good!
Tow/Haul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:30 PM   #3
Wagondriver

I'm still haveing trouble my 2009 copper cannon has 3 types of bad mold in it. And it makes my wife sick and makes my legs and feet break out. And they want to take it back to the factory and clean it. What I read about mold you will never get rid of it. The best I can tell you will have to move off and leave it be hind. I forgot we have had other troubles with items breaking or torn also that the dealer didn't fix.
Wagondriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
grive2400

Warranty Service

Dear Stressed,

We have had the same issues. Feel free to check out my blog:
http://www.2010keystonepassort.blogspot.com

They have not offered to replace the unit at all. Everything has been "take it to your dealer". I have also posted on this forum as well. Grive2400.

We have decided to trade the unit and will be taking delivery of a new 2010 Starcraft Homestead on Monday. Will not recommend a Keystone product to anyone in the future. Very frustrated with this unit. Haven't been able to utilize it to it's fullest.

Best of luck.

Todd G.
grive2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:17 PM   #5
grive2400

Angry Warranty Service

What a day. I went to pick up our trailer today so that we could begin cleaning it out. I went through the repairs with the tech and wanted to make sure that everything was working the way it should be. NOT!!

First, the plumbing for the kitchen sink has been repaired three times now and it still isn't right. Replaced the sink and it continues to buckle the drain when the slide is in. The tech was frustrated with this as well and worked on it for over an hour and a half. Had two techs working on it.

The slide front fascia piece still had not come in from Keystone to the dealer today. Now it will be Monday. They had to grind down the bracket as all four "L Brackets" had been installed improperly in the assembly line. Tried to extend the slide to make sure it worked and it wouldn't even extend. It was caught up and binding. The tech didn't even check the slide out after he was done working on it.

Needless to say, they don't have a fix for the sink plumbing. Who ever did the install on the assembly line was very sloppy. Now I have to leave it the weekend and they don't work on Saturday's. It won't be until Monday afternoon. That's when they had better have this thing ready to go. It is going in for a Trade in the afternoon.

The only way Keystone and the dealer can make this right is to purchase the trailer back for the cost we paid. I spoke with the General Manager of the dealership and will following up on Monday with him. This whole process has been a pain regardless of the "Warranty"

Extremely Frustrated and Angry.

Todd G.
grive2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:29 AM   #6
Pennsylvaniasprinter

Did Keystone purchase your RV back from you? We have also had numerous problems with our camper and have not been able to use it since purchasing it. Keystone says the same to us, take it to the dealer, we can fix it. Carmine says everything is fixable and they will not give us a new camper. However, at this point I am so frustrated. I would be happy with just my money back. We had a Wilderness for 14 years and never had any problems with our camper. Now, we purchased a new camper and it is basically "used" with all the replacement parts (slideout motor, computer board, now slide out bars). Any information you could give me would be extremely appreciated.
Pennsylvaniasprinter is offline   Reply With Quote