Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
outbackmac

5ver repair

I took my 5ver in for odd tire wear, i was told shackle bolts were gone on 1 axle, if this is the case would i not lose a tire, what would hold axles in place?

please explain
outbackmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
f6bits

Gone, as in missing? Or gone, as in “shot.”? If they said “gone,” they may have meant worn out.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #3
outbackmac

here is the exact wording,found curbside front shackles and bolts missing from equaflex equalizer . iam confused
Old 02-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #4
mhs4771

That would explain odd tire wear, as long as the spring was still attached at the other end it would still keep in axle in place, just not in exact alignment as it should. The whole rig should have been leaning to that side also. We snapped a spring on a previous TT and knew something was wrong as the rig was no longer tracking straight There have been numerous post on the MOC about loose shackle bolts and u-bolts. So it might be wise for everyone to check all the suspension components/hardware.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #5
outbackmac

what perplexes me is which tire would wear funny the one on the side the bolts were missing or the opposite side