Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2021, 07:37 PM   #21
Falcon67

At least ours works. Be interesting to see what the problem is with that guys t-stat. We just go from "open that door, I'm burning up" to "I'm kinda cold, what's that thing set on?" Wife is especially sensitive to dry hot air. Why we have a heat pump system at the house.
Old 12-27-2021, 09:20 PM   #22
Mike&Sandy

Anyone willing to spill the beans on what the Microair runs when on sale?
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 diesel 3.42
San Antonio, TX
Mike&Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 01:50 PM   #23
jimborokz

Foldbac, you didn't mention why you need a new stat. if it's because it's going squirely on you, try removing the cover. The CT thermostat is super sensitive and the foam in the cover goes bad if you push it too hard, which is basically push it at all. Removing the cove will tell you if it's a bad stat or just a warn out cover. I Emailed Dometic and they sent me new covers at no charge and said to only just touch it. I'm on my second year with the new covers and they are still working fine. I only touch the controls and no more phantom changes when you walk by them.
I did look at the Microair and have kept them on the back burner as a plan B if I need them. They are certainly a great stat but as you have seen a pricy solution.
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 02:38 PM   #24
kckyle

Found this thread thankfully as Im looking to upgrade my Dometic digital thermostat.

I currently dont have the option to leave the fan running constantly like you could on the older analog thermostat.

Does anyone know if I will gain that option with the micro air thermostat if my current system does not have the option?

I would like the fan to keep circulating air even if the furnace is not running.
kckyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 04:23 PM   #25
NH_Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike&Sandy View Post
Anyone willing to spill the beans on what the Microair runs when on sale?
When I bought mine, it was a Black Friday sale, 15% off ($37.35).
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 04:32 PM   #26
NH_Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kckyle View Post
Found this thread thankfully as Im looking to upgrade my Dometic digital thermostat.

I currently dont have the option to leave the fan running constantly like you could on the older analog thermostat.

Does anyone know if I will gain that option with the micro air thermostat if my current system does not have the option?

I would like the fan to keep circulating air even if the furnace is not running.
I can’t answer for certain since my camper is in storage, but I have only ever wanted to run the fan on the AC not on the furnace. I don’t recall even doing it by accident, so I am going to lean towards no.
Old 01-23-2022, 04:46 PM   #27
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:

You need to post a lot more information; what kind of thermostat/furnace/A/C unit? Year/make/model of RV? Without that information you can't get much useful information.

I have the microair and love it. As far as I know it will only provide the functions your controller allows (with some enhancements).

On another note, WHY would you want the furnace fan running when it's not heating? If it runs constantly once the heat shuts down the ducts get cold and then blow cold air....then forces the furnace to come back on....why? If you want air circulation just run a fan (or 2 or 3) as I do.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 05:07 PM   #28
kckyle

Thanks, I just bought a 2017 Keystone Bullet 272BHS. Has a Dominic AC but not sure if its 13.5 or 15K. The stock stat is the digital with 3 buttons Mode, up and down. It has ducted heat and AC both are controlled by the stat. I was thinking being ducted leaving the fan on would give me a similar affect as running fans to keep consistent temps. I also like the sound of the fan running constantly vs kicking on and off. The older analog stat also had a fan speed option that would be nice to have as well.
Old 01-23-2022, 05:19 PM   #29
NH_Bulldog

Is this your current thermostat?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A922E234-334E-4F53-8D04-6B7FFCBD7E23.png
Views:	50
Size:	269.6 KB
ID:	37986  
Old 01-24-2022, 04:25 AM   #30
kckyle

yes thats it
Old 01-24-2022, 04:52 AM   #31
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks, I just bought a 2017 Keystone Bullet 272BHS. Has a Dominic AC but not sure if its 13.5 or 15K. The stock stat is the digital with 3 buttons Mode, up and down. It has ducted heat and AC both are controlled by the stat. I was thinking being ducted leaving the fan on would give me a similar affect as running fans to keep consistent temps. I also like the sound of the fan running constantly vs kicking on and off. The older analog stat also had a fan speed option that would be nice to have as well.
Are you talking about running the a/c fan contantly and not the furnace fan? From your previous post it reads to me and I think others, that you want the furnace fan to run constantly.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 05:51 AM   #32
NH_Bulldog

Here is the manual. Give it a read, if all you want is to change the fan setting, you might find what you already have is all you need.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Capacitive-Touch-Thermostat-Operating-Instructions.pdf (1.05 MB, 748 views)
Old 01-24-2022, 03:27 PM   #33
kckyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
Here is the manual. Give it a read, if all you want is to change the fan setting, you might find what you already have is all you need.
Thank you. I should have looked into it more. Mine doesn't seem to be able to switch between low and high(says it does but no noticeable change) but I am able to get the fan to stay on thanks to you.
Old 01-24-2022, 03:37 PM   #34
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Thank you. I should have looked into it more. Mine doesn't seem to be able to switch between low and high(says it does but no noticeable change) but I am able to get the fan to stay on thanks to you.
You probably won't hear much difference (if any) in the HIGH/LOW fan speed RPM on an RV air conditioner. The OEM Coleman fan motor runs 1660/1525 RPM, so you can "barely hear the difference" no matter how hard you try...

https://www.campingworld.com/coleman...5%2F1660%20RPM.

The fan motor description at this link has the RPM specs for the OEM fan.

Dometic, Air Excel and Coleman are pretty much "mirror images" on specs.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 04:01 PM   #35
NH_Bulldog

I can confirm what John said. Previously, I thought my fan only had one speed, but there is a diagnostic process that switches fan from low to high and switching back and forth you can hear the difference (although barely).
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
Old 01-24-2022, 05:20 PM   #36
kckyle

Thanks for the replies. Glad to know everything is working correctly.