Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2021, 06:59 PM   #1
sleepy

cover for cougar 2020 cougar 26rbs

I have been searching the internet for a cover for my cougar 26rbs with several opinions as to which one is best. it will be out in the open all winter and wondering what experience you might care to offer. Thanks. David
Old 11-11-2021, 09:02 PM   #2
travelin texans

If you'd do a search on here I think you'd find 70% vote no cover! Instead a good cleaning & wax job is recommended. This is due to the issue of possible wind damage to the rv by the cover flapping & tearing up the cover in a couple seasons. Not to mention the hassle & hazards of installing & removing.
With 30% voting for a cover! With a couple of those only using it once!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 08:03 AM   #3
machz

I chose to cover my RV here in NH. Very few RV's are not covered in my area so I figured I would cover. I went with a KingBird cover it was easy to put on and it has a ton of straps to keep it tight in the wind.
machz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 08:55 AM   #4
COLUSAR

I have always used Adco covers and feel it has really helped preserve the finish on my RV. I guess I must fall into that 30% group.
COLUSAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 04:13 PM   #5
Canonman

I went with the RV Masking brand this year. This looks like a real heavy duty cover. Well made with a multi layer roof.
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 06:02 PM   #6
sleepy

Thank you. I think I will follow your advice, especially after reading quite a few reviews of many unhappy users. Would you have a wash/wax product to recommend? Many listed on amazon etc but experience is better.
Thanks for your response. Be safe and stay healthy
David
Old 11-13-2021, 06:37 AM   #7
Canonman

I use Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax and Nu Finish wax to finish.
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 07:21 AM   #8
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
Thank you. I think I will follow your advice, especially after reading quite a few reviews of many unhappy users. Would you have a wash/wax product to recommend? Many listed on amazon etc but experience is better.
Thanks for your response. Be safe and stay healthy
David
Any good quality carwash soap & a good automotive wax a couple times per year should do the trick.
There are, & others may recommend them, specialty type RV waxes that cost considerably more & may or may not be any better than anything else.
Even if you have someone else do this job it's likely much less $$ than buying a cover every couple years.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 09:38 AM   #9
Zixxer2Go

Covers!

Ah yes, well, a cover is a great way to protect the finish of the RV; some recommend super-snug fit with zero movement, while we have a relatively light flow and less than super-snug on ours. We have the Classic Accessories Over Drive PolyPRO3 Deluxe Travel Trailer Cover or Toy Hauler Cover, Fits 35' - 38' RVs (80-356-213101-RT) found on Amazon currently at $269. We had one from another maker 4 years ago (2016 29BHS) that actually ripped in half during a windstorm...replaced under warranty

We also wash and wax, but I think the UV rays will take their toll on any painted or wrapped surface. We also cover our truck, and got top dollar in trade-in on our last one (2014 F-250); the paint still looked beautiful, no scratching from the cover. To be fair, we did pay for the upgraded cover with the brushed interior lining. Though sold as "waterproof", that is <not> how it works out if you're hoping for a fully waterproof one...that would be more of a "tarp", which is NOT a recommended covering in most cases.

As far as your trailer goes, your experience may vary depending on how methodical you are on cleaning, covering, tightening, monitoring, replacing as needed. Our 2019 Outback still looks great
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211129-112949_Gallery.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	251.7 KB
ID:	37303   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211129-113031_Gallery.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	841.2 KB
ID:	37304  
Old 11-29-2021, 09:57 PM   #10
OwenMaeGabe

I'm using "Quictent Upgraded Travel Trailer RV Cover 25-27 ft" from Amazon for my Cougar 22MLSWE.
OwenMaeGabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, cover