Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2021, 04:31 PM   #1
JGCyber3

Carbon 35 Garage TV Mount "Backer"

WTF is it made of? Screws go right though it....is it made to hold a 5 lb tv?

I was expecting plywood or similar behind the sticker - but literally feels like nothing....surely won't hold a 40" TV....

Anyone know what's behind the stickers?
JGCyber3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 05:05 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

On my wood framed Springdale, the TV mount backer was 5/8" plywood stapled between two upright 2x2's.

On my Cougar, the TV mount backer is a 1/8" aluminum sheet welded between two aluminum 2x2 uprights.

On both of them, the decal was appropriately located "OVER the center of the backer".

There have been numerous reports of the decal being mislocated. Sometimes that mislocation was far enough off that any screw driven through the decal would completely miss the backing plate...

Your decal may be in the wrong spot on the wall.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 02:19 PM   #3
JGCyber3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
On my wood framed Springdale, the TV mount backer was 5/8" plywood stapled between two upright 2x2's.

On my Cougar, the TV mount backer is a 1/8" aluminum sheet welded between two aluminum 2x2 uprights.

On both of them, the decal was appropriately located "OVER the center of the backer".

There have been numerous reports of the decal being mislocated. Sometimes that mislocation was far enough off that any screw driven through the decal would completely miss the backing plate...

Your decal may be in the wrong spot on the wall.

It's not in a logical spot so could be in wrong spot - but I'm going to let them point out where it is before I drill more! :-)
Old 07-19-2021, 04:52 PM   #4
Jimmy240

You can always use a stud finder to help locate where it might be. That’s what I use anytime I plan to attach something to the wall of the RV.
Jimmy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 05:15 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGCyber3 View Post
It's not in a logical spot so could be in wrong spot - but I'm going to let them point out where it is before I drill more! :-)
I have no idea how long your trailer sat on a dealership lot (or if it even did sit before you bought it). I've seen lots of trailers that were subject to "A**holes" walking through them with unsupervised (and uncivilized) little monsters who peel decals off walls, urinate in toilets, jump on sofas, walk off with small items like remote controls, pull on drawers until they sag, jump from the top bunk and crack the laminated floor, flip switches repeatedly until the lights stop working and pull on loose molding/trim until it's either broken or falling off the wall..... UNFORTUNATELY, far too often, it's not the "little monsters" who do the destructive work while trying things out.....

So, your decal may have been "put back on the wall by an "unconcerned mother"....

And we wonder why more and more dealerships won't let customers "wander around the lot without supervision".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 01:32 PM   #6
JGCyber3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I have no idea how long your trailer sat on a dealership lot (or if it even did sit before you bought it). I've seen lots of trailers that were subject to "A**holes" walking through them with unsupervised (and uncivilized) little monsters who peel decals off walls, urinate in toilets, jump on sofas, walk off with small items like remote controls, pull on drawers until they sag, jump from the top bunk and crack the laminated floor, flip switches repeatedly until the lights stop working and pull on loose molding/trim until it's either broken or falling off the wall..... UNFORTUNATELY, far too often, it's not the "little monsters" who do the destructive work while trying things out.....

So, your decal may have been "put back on the wall by an "unconcerned mother"....

And we wonder why more and more dealerships won't let customers "wander around the lot without supervision".....
Was on the lot like 5 hours before I bought it - at least here in CO, cant find bumper pull toy haulers at all...so cant give the little monsters the credit for this one.....

Tags
mount, tv mount