Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2021, 01:14 PM   #1
Packerbacker20

Outback 325bh fridge issue

My wife and I have a 2017 Keystone Outback 325bh. I'm having a issue with the fridge running on gas. If the kitchen slide is out the fridge will run on propane but the minute I put the slide in to travel it shuts off. It's like the gas supply is cut off because you can hear the igniter ticking for I believe about 30 seconds then it stops and the check light on the fridge lights up. I can't imagine that the fridge won't run on propane while traveling, that seems odd to me. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Packerbacker20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 01:21 PM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

I think your instincts on the gas being shut off is correct. With the fridge in the slide the gas line is most likely folding over and pinching shut when the slide is retracted. Take a look underneath the trailer when the slide is retracted. Some folks have added brackets or springs to prevent this from happening.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 02:25 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Like Marshall said you might have a pinched gas line going into the slide. Yours probably has a flex guard retractable "guide" for the propane line and any electrical. The lines can come out of the guard or the guard can break as mine has, let the lines get out of whack and get pinched when retracted. If the flex guard is broken they sell them on Amazon.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 07:55 PM   #4
Packerbacker20

Thanks guys

Thanks for the info guys, I'll take a look at that tomorrow.
Packerbacker20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 05:33 AM   #5
kfp673

Agreed with the above. We have a 2018 325BH and had the same issue. The way they route the propane line is not the best. I replaced with a longer line but it still happens so now I hold the spring and propane lines down while the slide is closing to keep it from pinching. If it is creased too badly it will still cut off so you may just want to replace the line anyway. Type RV slide out propane line into Amazon and there is a company that sells nice flexible lines. Then save it so you can replace it again after the next time you forget to hold the line ;-) I'm going on my third
kfp673 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, outback